1 Harrison St. SE
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The new Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure incorporates the Office of Transportation Services - which handles roadway planning, local transportation projects and transit functions - with the capital planning, budgeting, design and construction management functions which have been housed in the former Department of Construction and Waste Management.
The Transportation Division provides assistance to the Board of Supervisors
and the Office of the County Administrator
in the development and delivery of a quality transportation system that meets the needs of Loudoun County.
The Office of Transportation Services handles matters relating to the county's transportation system, including:
- Transit and road development
- Pedestrian and bicycle accommodations
- Implementation of traffic improvements
- Planning / management of county transit and commuter services
Staff members represent the county in regional and local transportation matters and the office also serves as the referral agency on transportation-related land development applications. Staff also serves as a liaison to the Transportation Improvement and Safety Commission.
The Capital Infrastructure Division manages all aspects of the county’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP), and:
- Identifies and resolves planning and land use issues related to developing county facilities.
- Acquires land and buildings for county government facilities.
- Manages cash, land and in-kind capital facility proffers in support of CIP project development.
- Develops project budgets to design and construct county facilities.
- Develops and administers the county’s Capital Facility Standards (CFS), Capital Intensity Factor (CIF), Capital Needs Assessment (CNA)), and Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
- Oversees the construction of new county facilities and the renovation of existing facilities.
- Administers design and construction contracts for general government public use facilities.