Flu Vaccine Clinics
No Health Department flu clinics are scheduled at this time.
Available flu vaccination clinics in the community can be found on the American Lung Association's website
Further information on staying safe from the flu is available from the Virginia Department of Health
or by contacting the Health Department
Tips to Staying Healthy
In addition to vaccination, other key steps you can take to stay well and reduce the spread of disease include:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs are spread that way.
- If you get sick, stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Sneeze and cough into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Wash your hands often, scrubbing your hands together for 20 seconds with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.