About the Provider
Questions to Ask
Does the provider:
- Appear organized and provide a routine and rules that children can understand and follow?
- Appear patient and friendly?
- Encourage parents to observe, discuss policies, make suggestions, and participate in the program?
- Have methods of dealing with behaviors that agree with your own?
- Have other people who will be caring for your child?
- Have previous experience / training in working with children?
- Make arrangements when she has an emergency that takes her away from the children?
- Seem to be someone your child will enjoy being with?
- Seem to enjoy her work?
- Seem to have enough time to look after all the children in care?
- Show an interest in your child, family, and your expectations?
- Understand what children can and want to do at different stages of growth?