ADU Rental Information
Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) Rental
Please follow the steps below to determine eligibility, documentation required and to complete the online application.
Self-Screening Questionnaire for ADU Rentals
Pre-Qualification Steps for the ADU Rental Program
1) Complete and print the Self-Screening Questionnaire, above.
2) If prequalified according to the parameters of the Self-Screening Questionnaire (above), print the questionnaire and gather all the information listed on the ADU Rental Checklist.
3) Complete Online Application. Important Note: Please have all paperwork on the checklist available when completing the application. The application does not allow you to save it and complete it at a later time. All information must be available and entered at the same time. You will not be able to leave the application and come back later.
4) Print the completed Self-Screening Questionnaire and print a copy of the Online Application, copy and attach all supporting documentation requested on the ADU Rental Checklist (Click here to access the documents), and mail to the address listed below within 10 business days of the application.
5) ADU staff will contact you once all information has been submitted to register you for an ADU Rental Intake Session.
For more information regarding the ADU Rental Program, please contact the Affordable Dwelling Unit at 703-737-8043. Please note that phone calls are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Mail your completed paperwork to:
Loudoun County Department of Family Services
102 Heritage Way N.E., Suite 103
Leesburg VA 20176
Attention: ADU Online Application