Local Bus Service
Loudoun County’s local bus service gets a new look beginning Tuesday, September 2, 2014. On that day, MV Transportation, operating as a contractor to Loudoun County Transit, will begin providing local, fixed-route bus service from Leesburg through eastern Loudoun County, including paratransit service for those eligible persons with disabilities. Virginia Regional Transit
will continue providing service in rural western Loudoun County, including the Purcellville Connector Route, and on-demand service
Route Changes and Schedules
Effective Tuesday, September 2, 2014
- Town of Leesburg Service – Leesburg will continue to be served by three routes and the free Safe-T-Ride, however all four services have been modified. New service has been added to the Paxton Campus, Wegmans and the Village at Leesburg. Most current stops will continue to be served. The Leesburg Police Department and Fort Evans Plaza II will be served by the 7 to 7 on 7 Route only. Read the Town of Leesburg's news release on the Safe-T-Ride here.
- 7 to 7 on 7 (Route 70) - No schedule changes
- Countyside Connector (Route 81) – No schedule changes
- Purcellville Connector – No changes in the schedule. VRT will continue to run this service since it falls in rural Loudoun County.
- Sterling Connector (Route 82) – No schedule changes
- Sugarland Run Connector (Route 80) – Modified route to eliminate large one direction loop service and existing segments that do not accommodate areas for passenger access
- Ashburn Connector (Route 62) - The Ashburn Village and Ashburn Farm runs were combined into one route that operates from INOVA Hospital at Lansdowne down Ashburn Village Blvd, Gloucester Parkway, to Potomac Green, Wingler House, and Ashby Ponds. Service is extended to the Dulles 28 Centre during the midday.
- Dulles to Dulles/ Herndon Monroe Express (Atlantic Pacific Connector) – Both of these routes were combined into a new route, Atlantic-Pacific Connector with service from Wiehle Avenue and Herndon Monroe to Dulles Town Center and the Atlantic and Pacific Blvd corridor.
- Wiehle Express – A revised Wiehle Express schedule begins on September 2, 2014, adding an additional bus during the peak morning and afternoon service. Bus times have changed on the new schedule. The service will operate from the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station and continue to provide service to George Washington University, The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, INOVA Loudoun Hospital and the Ashburn North park & ride lot. Two new stops are added to the service, Russell Branch Parkway at Atwater Drive and Alamo/Loudoun One (Upon request. Call 571-258-3464 one-half hour in advance). The Wiehle Express will not serve West Falls Church Metro Station.
Loudoun County Transit will also oversee paratransit service for people with disabilities. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guarantees people with disabilities the same access to public transportation as people without disabilities. Many residents with disabilities can ride the local fixed route buses. People with disabilities who cannot use public transit because of their disability can use the ADA paratransit service. Users of the paratransit service must register and apply for the service ahead of time. More information is available here