Eligibility & Event Registration
To be eligible to participate in the Business Hazardous Waste Program, your business or organization must:
- Be located in Loudoun County,
- Qualify as a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) in accordance with 40 CFR Part 261.5 as adopted by reference into the Virginia Hazardous Waste Management Regulations (VHWMR), 9VAC20-60-10 et seq. A business must certify that they meet the following conditions (Download Certification Form):
- Less than 100 kilograms (220 pounds) of hazardous waste are generated per calendar month; [40 CFR 261.5(a)]
- Less than 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of acutely hazardous waste are generated per calendar month; [40 CFR 261,5(f)(3)], and
- Not more than 1,000 kilograms (2,220 pounds or roughly five 55-gallon drums) of hazardous waste are accumulated on-site at any time [40 CFR 261.5(g)]; and
- If your business meets these requirements, register with the Department of General Services, Waste Management Division, at least 2 business days prior to the event.
- If you need any assistance, contact the division at 703-777-0338.