Bus Time User Manual
Information about Loudoun County Commuter Bus Route Displays in Bus Time
The Bus Time system displays the routes to and from Rosslyn, Crystal City, the Pentagon and Washington, D.C. differently than the Loudoun County Transit printed schedules. Bus Time routes are based on the first pickup location in the morning and the last drop off location in the evening. The system uses "Inbound" to describe morning routes and "outbound" to describe afternoon/evening routes. The routes are broken down as follows:
- Runs starting or ending at Ashburn North or Loudoun Station are Route 100’s in the morning and Route 500’s in the afternoon.
- Runs starting or ending at Dulles South or Brambleton are Route 200’s in the morning and Route 600’s in the afternoon.
- Runs starting or ending at Dulles North are Route 300’s in the morning and Route 700’s in the afternoon.
- Runs starting or ending at Purcellville, Harmony or Leesburg are Route 400’s in the morning and Route 800’s in the afternoon.
- AM Runs from Broad Run Farms, Cascades, Our Lady of Hope and Lowes Island are Route 901
- AM Runs from Leesburg and Harmony are Route 921
- AM Runs from Goose Creek Village and Broadlands are Route 923
- AM Runs from Loudoun Station are Route 925
- AM Runs from the Dulles Town Center are Route 87X
- AM Routes from East Gate are Route 88X
- PM Runs to Broad Run Farms, Cascades, Our Lady of Hope and Lowes Island are Route 902
- PM Runs to Leesburg and Harmony are Route 922
- PM Runs to Goose Creek Village and Broadlands are Route 924
- PM Runs to Loudoun Station are Route 926
- PM Runs to the Dulles Town Center are Route 87X
- PM Runs to East Gate are Route 88X
- The real-time information system will only show predicted times for buses that are scheduled to arrive at the selected stop within 30 minutes. Any bus that is due to arrive at the stop between 30 and 45 minutes will show the scheduled time, not the predicted arrival time. Buses scheduled to arrive after 45 minutes are not shown on the real-time information screen.
- If you are looking at a particular bus stop and the predicted arrival time of the bus doesn't seem to be changing, it is likely that the bus is stopped for an incident (flat tire, accident, presidential motorcade, etc). If this happens, you should receive an LC Alert or SV Alert with information regarding the incident.
- The "Sign In" and "Create Account" functions listed at the top of the main Bus Time web page are not fully functional at this time. You can create a sign-in but the alerts and text notification functions are not operational.