Recycling Drop-Off Centers
Bottles, Cans, Etc.
- #1 - #7 Plastic containers including bottles and caps, jugs (milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles, etc.), wide-mouth tubs and lids (yogurt cups and margarine tubs), and microwavable food trays (No Styrofoam, motor oil or antifreeze bottles, or any container used for hazardous substances)
- Aluminum cans, aluminum foil, pie pans, pet food cans and lids
- Steel cans / tin cans such as soup and vegetable cans, empty aerosol cans, all types of metal lids
- Glass bottles and jars only
Paper, Cardboard, Etc.
- Flattened cardboard and paperboard (cereal boxes, etc.)
- Pizza box tops (no greasy paper or leftovers please)
- Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, junk mail
- Phonebooks, paperback books, hardcover books (text books, etc.)
- Office paper (paper clips and staples are ok), copy paper, computer printouts, envelopes, stationery, notebooks, brochures, post-it notes, file folders, shredded paper (contained in a bag)
- Paper bags
- Wrapping paper, craft paper, poster board
- Milk and juice cartons (emptied and rinsed)
All locations (excluding Hillsboro, and Leesburg Wal Mart) accept the paper recyclables and cardboard mixed together in one container, and plastic, metals and glass recyclables mixed together in a separate container. The Hillsboro location accepts all the recyclables mixed together, for example, paper recyclables, flattened cardboard boxes, plastic, metals, and glass accepted for recycling may all be mixed together. The Leesburg Wal Mart recycling center location accepts paper recyclables mixed together with the plastic, metal and glass recyclables, but cardboard is accepted separately.
Absolutely no Styrofoam peanuts at any of the recycling centers. Remove any Styrofoam pieces or other items used for packing prior to recycling your cardboard boxes and discard these items with your regular household garbage at home.
If your recyclables are in plastic bags, please empty the recyclables into the designated recycling bin, and take your bag with you to reuse or dispose with your household garbage. Please do not attach any bags to the recycling bins, and do not deposit bags in the recycling bins. Bags left at the recycling centers become litter or end up mixed in with the recyclables and cause mechanical problems at sorting facilities. Plastic grocery bags / retail bags should be returned to grocery stores, Wal Mart, etc. for recycling.
Questions? Call 703-771-5552, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information about each recycling center, click on the link below: