Department Services & Programs
As Loudoun County’s leading animal resource, the Department of Animal Services is dedicated to ensuring the humane treatment of animals and to serving the community with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. Staff are committed to fostering the human-animal connection through an innovative and creative approach to animal sheltering, law enforcement, humane education, and community outreach.
- Animal Services has a program called Catch Us at Our Best, which seeks to identify the best attributes of our service to the public. We want customers to let us know about exceptional service at the shelter, on the phone, or in the field. If you have a "Catch Us at Our Best" story, please let us know by filling out our online form.
- Animal Services has tips and information for pet owners facing foreclosure.
- Black bear sightings are common in Loudoun County this time of year. Find more information about living with black bears at Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
- Found injured or orphaned wildlife and you're not sure what to do? Get tips from the Humane Society of the United States.
- When the weather is hot, keep pets cool and do not leave them inside cars. Learn additional information at My Dog Is Cool.
- Join us for mobile adoptions on Thursdays from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the new Unleashed by Petco in the Cascades Marketplace.
- Looking for youth service project ideas to help animals? A list of projects is available online at Service Projects to Benefit Animals.
- Lost your pet? Follow these recovery tips to help locate your missing friend, and be sure to file a lost report.
- Planning to move? You don't have to give up your pet! Search for pet friendly rentals at My Apartment Map.
- The Department of Animal Services is open Saturday through Wednesday for adoption and other business. View our hours of operation.