Foster Care & Adoption
Run Me Home Event Set for April 26, 2014
The 2014 “Run Me Home 5K Fun Run/Walk” is set for Saturday, April 26, 2014, in Leesburg. Proceeds from the event benefit the Loudoun County Foster Care & Adoption Program. Find out more online:
Services of the Foster Care & Adoption Program
- Complies with federal, state and local mandates that set policy and guidelines for child and family service provision.
- Provides in-service training and support to families providing foster care, adoption and mentor care.
- Provides intervention services to children placed in the custody of the Department of Family Services and their families.
- Provides support services to birth families in working towards the goal of reunification or alternative permanency plans.
- Recruits, trains and approves Resource Homes for placement of children in custody on a foster or adoptive basis.
- Secures and supervises the placement of children in custody in appropriate alternative settings.
- Provides special skill building services to teens in foster care to encourage and enhance their successful independence.
Foster Parents Needed
The Loudoun County Foster Care and Adoption Program provides you an opportunity to make a difference in the life of a child.
You can be a Resource Parent if you are:
- Able to work with an agency, the children’s families, schools, and others
- Are at least 21 years of age
- Can help a child cope with separation and loss from family and the effects of abuse and neglect until the child returns home or is placed in other permanent placement
- Have enough living space in either an apartment or house
- Have your own source of income
- Single, married, or divorced
Although children who come into foster care range in age from infant through 18 years of age, most are age 11 and up. They come from diverse backgrounds. They may have experienced abuse, neglect, or lived in families in need of supportive services. What they all share is the need to have a safe and stable environment, someplace where they can regain trust in their world, a sense of self-worth, a connection to a family, and to a community that offers flexible guidance and understanding.
For more information on Foster Care, please call 703-777-0386 or send an email.