Potomack Lakes Sportsplex
About the Sportsplex
Potomack Lakes Sportsplex is a 47-acre athletic complex with four lighted softball fields, six soccer fields, large playground, pavilion and concession stand with rest room facilities. There is also a maintenance building with a meeting room.
The facility hosts athletic contests from March to November which include the Loudoun County Adult Softball and Soccer Leagues and youth soccer. The complex hosts up to 29 tournaments per year to include local, state, regional and national levels. The Sportsplex has won numerous National awards which include the ISA Softball Complex of the Year Award in 2007.
- Four Lighted Softball Fields: 300-foot permanent fences and 200-foot temporary fences, skinned infields, bases from 60/70 feet available, all irrigated
- Soccer Complex: Six large soccer fields adjacent to each other, all irrigated
- Kiosk: Multi-function building with umpire and staff areas, large concession area with outdoor seating, restrooms, and sound system
- Pavilion: Located next to playground and available for rental fee
- Playground: Large playground with picnic areas and shaded
- Parking: 300 spaces with space available outside of park for overflow
- Meeting Room: Seats 20 people
The Potomack Lakes Sportsplex is located off of Route 7 on Cascades Parkway- North, next to Algonkian Regional Park in Sterling, Virginia
Potomack Lakes is located five miles from Dulles International Airport and is centrally located to hotels and restaurants. A regional park next door includes a golf course and a swimming pool. Within 20 miles of Washington D.C attractions to include monuments, museums, and government offices.
For more information, contact Randy House at 703-444-1459.
Dogs are generally allowed in parks while on a leash and under the control of the owner, however, per county ordinance 1092.21, there are certain areas within parks that dogs are prohibited. Please see the ordinance language below.
1092.21 DOGS PROHIBITED; SIGNS.
Children's play areas in parks where dogs are prohibited shall be marked with signs indicating a dog-free area. No owner or custodian of a dog shall permit the dog to enter or remain in any area of a park where dogs are prohibited.
(Ord. 98-09. Passed 7-15-98.)