Board of Supervisors
- Scott K. York, Chairman at Large
- Ralph M. Buona, Vice Chairman, Ashburn District
- Suzanne M. Volpe, Algonkian District
- Janet S. Clarke, Blue Ridge District
- Shawn M. Williams, Broad Run District
- Geary M. Higgins, Catoctin District
- Matthew F. Letourneau, Dulles District
- Kenneth D. Reid, Leesburg District
- Eugene A. Delgaudio, Sterling District
Loudoun County is governed by a nine-member Board of Supervisors. The chairman of the Board of Supervisors is elected by the voters at large. The other supervisors are elected from each of eight election districts in the county. All nine members serve concurrent terms of four years.
The Board of Supervisors sets county policies, adopts ordinances, appropriates funds, approves land rezonings and special exceptions to the zoning ordinance, and carries out other responsibilities set forth by the State Code.
The Board appoints a county administrator, who manages county operations; the Planning Commission, which serves in an advisory capacity on land use issues; and various other boards and commissions.
The Board's Vision and Strategic Goals, adopted in January 2013, are online:
Pictured above: Loudoun County Board of Supervisors 2012-2015.
First row, from left: Suzanne M. Volpe (Algonkian District); Janet S. Clarke (Blue Ridge District); Scott K. York, Chairman at Large; Ralph M. Buona, Vice Chairman, (Ashburn District); Second row, from left: Geary M. Higgins (Catoctin District); Matthew F. Letourneau (Dulles District); Eugene A. Delgaudio (Sterling District); Shawn M. Williams, (Broad Run District); Kenneth D. Reid (Leesburg District)