Juvenile Detention Center
The Loudoun County Juvenile Detention Center (JDC) provides secure incarceration for court-ordered youth, crisis intervention, substance abuse, and counseling services.
For parents or guardians
- Upon entry into the JDC, a call will be made to the parent or legal guardian.
- Children will then be allowed to make two phone calls per week to their parents or legal guardians only.
- If your child has been detained at the JDC, you will receive a parent information packet within three days containing contact information and a brief description of services provided.
- All children in the custody of the JDC will be provided with all necessary clothing and hygiene items.
If your child has been detained at the JDC and you would like to send them mail, please include the child’s name in the address:
P.O. Box 7600
Leesburg, VA 20177-7600
- Visitation hours are from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Sundays. Check-in begins at 6:00 p.m.
- Visitors must be in the door by the end of check-in time or they will be turned away.
- Parents are not allowed to leave unattended children under the age of 18 in the lobby or parking lot.
- Only parents or legal guardians may visit. All other visitors must receive prior approval from the JDC Youth Services Coordinator.
- The address of the Juvenile Detention Center is:
42020 Loudoun Center Place
Leesburg, VA 20175
- The phone number is 703-771-5200.
- Questions concerning your child or the program should be directed to the Loudoun County JDC Youth Services Coordinator Mike McNulty, 703-737-8674.
- Questions regarding our educational program should be directed to Peggy Gordon, Dean of the school program. She can be reached at 703-771-5325.
- Questions or concerns regarding your child’s medical care should be directed to the JDC nurse, 703-771-5317. Please note that parents/legal guardians are responsible for cost associated with their child's medical needs while detained at the JDC.