Refund of Cash Bonds

Request for Return of Bond

  • Upon completion of a criminal / traffic case in the Circuit Court, the party who posted the bond must request in writing the return of the cash bond. You must complete the request for return of bond form (PDF). You can complete this form in person in our office or mail it in to the Clerk’s office along with a copy of your driver’s license.
  • Once the request is received and all the information is verified, a court order will be prepared for the return of the bond. The order will then be sent to the accounting division for the check to be prepared. Please allow two to three weeks for the processing of your request.

*Please note: Court personnel are prohibited by law from giving legal advice. If you need assistance or advice, please see our Legal Aid and Links page.