Jury Questionnaire Information
Juror Parking and Walking Route
Free public parking is available in the Pennington Parking Garage and lot. Shuttle service is available to and from the Pennington Garage and Loudoun County Courthouse approximately every 10 minutes. View the Walking and Shuttle Map (PDF) for walking directions and shuttle path information.
Juror Reporting Information
- You’ll need to know
- What time to report
- Whether your group has been released from service
- Whether your group has been postponed to another date and time
- To get this information, view juror reporting information online or call 703-777-0677 to listen to a recorded message
- This information is available from 6:30 p.m. the day before your report date until 8 a.m. on the report date.
Scams are on the rise targeting jurors. Personnel from the jury office, courts, police, or sheriff’s departments would never call a juror and ask for money related to jury service. If you receive a call of this nature, immediately hang up with the caller and file a police report by calling the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office at 703-777-1021 or file a report online. Never use a phone number provided to you from the caller to verify their credibility.
Your Privilege and Duty
- The United States Constitution and the Virginia Constitution guarantee all people, regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, or economic status, the right to trial by an impartial jury.
- Justice ultimately depends to a large measure upon the quality of jurors who serve in our courts.
- Jurors are essential to the Administration of Justice.
- Jury trials cannot be held unless people such as you are willing to perform their civic duty.
- Each year, prospective jurors are selected randomly from the master jury list of Loudoun County, which is created by merging name lists provided by the Division of Motor Vehicles and the Loudoun County Voter Registration Department.
- Randomly selected prospective jurors receive a jury summons in the mail approximately four weeks prior to their jury service date.
- If you receive a summons, read carefully the front and back of the summons, even if you think you are not eligible to serve as a juror or would like to be postponed or excused.
- If after reading all of the information and instructions on the summons, you still have questions. Call the Jury Office at 703-777-0650.
- Who is qualified to serve on Jury Duty?
- Can jurors change their jury service report date?
- How long does jury service in Loudoun County last?
- Who is entitled to a Jury Trial?
- Where is the Loudoun County Circuit Court located?
- Where do I park when I come for jury service?
- Must employers pay their employees who are on jury service?
- Where is the jury assembly room located?
- How are prospective jurors selected for jury service?
- How are jurors selected for a particular trial?
- Who can be excused from jury service?
- Are jurors paid for their service?