Wellness, Education and Other Benefits
CIGNA Wellness Program
Upon enrollment in a health plan through the Loudoun County Government, employees are eligible to participate in the CIGNA Wellness Program, including:
- 24-hour Nurse / Health Information Line
- Health Assessment
- Healthy Pregnancies / Healthy Babies
- Healthy Rewards
- Lifestyle Management
- Personal Health Record
- Well Aware Disease Management
Loudoun County Government is committed to the health and wellness of its employees and has been recognized, annually, by the American Heart Association as a fit-friendly organization since 2007. Wellness initiatives include an employee challenge which rewards employees for action, awareness, and achievement involving participation in a health assessment, preventative screenings, and a variety of other designated wellness related activities.
Employees who complete the wellness challenge, "Your Passport to Wellness," over the course of the challenge year (January 1 to December 31) are eligible to receive a $250 cash reward.
Additional Wellness, Education and Membership Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - The EAP provides confidential assistance for most any kind of problem that affects the individual's well-being. Information and tools on family caregiving, health and wellness, emotional well-being, workplace issues, and daily living are available. All employees are eligible. There is no cost to employees for this program.
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) - Loudoun County encourages employee development and provides the TAP to support employees in improving their work-related knowledge, skills, and abilities. All regular, 30 or more hour employees may receive up to $2,500 per year reimbursement for tuition in accordance with program guidelines.
- Loudoun Credit Union
This is a not-for-profit, member-owned, full service financial cooperative association. All employees are eligible for membership.
- Fitness Club Memberships
Discounted memberships for participating clubs.
- Virginia Prepaid Education Program
Convenient payroll deductions help employees save for their children's college education while earnings grow tax free. All employees are eligible to participate.
- Work-Life Balance
To help balance career and personal life, Loudoun County offers a flexible work environment in which employees can vary work schedules within established limits. Compressed work schedules and teleworking options are also available.