YAS: Grades 6 - 8
Youth After School Program (YAS)
YAS offers a safe and inclusive recreation-based program where middle schoolers develop confidence by building leadership, decision making, fitness and collaborative skills.
- A safe and healthy environment
- Challenging and innovative activities, including:
- DIY Projects
- Field Trips
- Leadership Skills
- Team Building
- Guidance for students in developing their interests, talents, skills, and self-confidence
- Quality staff for supervision and instruction
- Immediately after school until 6:15 p.m.
- Belmont Ridge MS
- Blue Ridge MS
- Eagle Ridge MS
- Farmwell Station MS
- Harmony Middle (offers transportation to Blue Ridge MS)
- Harper Park MS
- J.L. Simpson (offers transportation to Harper Park MS)
- Mercer MS
- River Bend MS
- Seneca Ridge MS
- Smart's Mill MS
Children must attend a Loudoun County Middle School
The YAS program follows the Loudoun County Public Schools schedule. The programs are not open on school holidays, teacher workdays, or days when school closes early. Camp programs are offered for many of these days, but are not included in the monthly YAS fee. You will find these camps listed under Camp Programs, Youth Sports, or the listings for our community centers in our quarterly PRCS Activity Guide. See a complete listing of current camp offerings (PDF).
Registration and Fees
- Make monthly payments and request a household ID or password online using WebTrac.
- 18-19 YAS Registration Instructions and Activity Numbers (PDF)
- Required forms and document submission
- YAS fees (PDF)
- Cancellation policy (PDF)
- YAS Parent Handbook (PDF)
The YAS fee is $50 a month. Loudoun County strives to create an affordable after-school environment where students can study, socialize, and be active while under adult supervision. To register for the YAS program, call 703-777-0343 to confirm that a space is available.
To register your child for the program the following:
- A completed online registration (PDF).
- If there are any identified medical, personal care or special needs, we require a complete Health Skills Form
- Check for $50 made out to County of Loudoun to cover the first month's tuition
This information must be submitted in person or by mail to:
Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services, (PRCS)
20145 Ashbrook Place
Ashburn, VA 20147
Note: There are no exceptions to these required items! We must have all of the above items to register your child.
Learn more about YAS in our flyer (PDF).
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation, and Community Services is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you require a reasonable accommodation for any type of disability in order to participate, contact the program coordinator. Three business days advance notice is requested.