Loudoun County does not offer trash or recycling collection services.
Curbside trash and recycling collection services are provided by town governments, some homeowners associations, and private trash / recycling removal companies.
Where Do You Live?
- I live in an incorporated town or HOA.
Visit HOAs and Towns for contact information regarding the town or HOA where you live.
- I do not live in an incorporated town or HOA - or - I do not have services provided.
Visit Permitted Collectors for contact information regarding trash and recycling services and to set them up directly.
Please note - private trash / recycling collection services vary from place to place. Ask your realtor, landlord, or a neighbor about trash and recycling collection in your community.
Loudoun County Landfill & Recycling Centers
You may also bring your trash directly to the Loudoun County Landfill.
Hazardous Waste Programs
Visit Household Hazardous Waste for information on:
- Disposal of gasoline, household, lawn and pool chemicals, household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs, etc.
- Disposal of sharps and syringes
- Disposal of unused medication
Loudoun Water, formerly the Loudoun County Sanitation Authority, provides public water and sewer service for Loudoun County residents who live outside incorporated towns.
The incorporated towns in Loudoun County are responsible for providing water and sewer service to residents of the towns. Town residents with questions or problems regarding these services should contact their town government.
- 2020 Recycling Guide | Downloadable Version (PDF)
- A to Z Local Recycling Resources (PDF)
- Recycle Rate Report Form (DOC)
- Kids Recycle Responsibly! (education program) (PDF)
- What Happens to My Recyclables?
- Accepted & Unaccepted Wastes (PDF)
- Landfill Credit Account Application (PDF)
- Sludge Disposal Quarterly Request Form (PDF)
- Spend Residential Peat Filter Media Disposal Request Form (PDF)
Guidance on Residential Curbside Contracts
- General Contract Components (PDF)
- Loudoun County Requirements (PDF)
- Performance Measures, Outreach, and Education (PDF)