Workforce Resource Center
News and Announcements
Saturdays in November!
Are your weekdays busy with work or distance learning?
Then, join us for these Saturday Seminars in November - Register Today!
Limited In-Person Services by Appointment
The Loudoun Workforce Resource Center is accepting appointment requests for the following limited in-person job search services:
- Access to computer stations and office equipment for self-directed job search, resume writing software, and pre-employment testing.
- Meeting room reservation to participate in a virtual job interview.
- Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) eligibility determination/enrollment.
- Employers may also reserve meeting space to conduct candidate interviews, employee onboarding or consultation appointments to discuss job openings/recruitment needs.
To request an appointment, please call 703-777-0150 (select option #1). Staff will ask questions to understand your needs and then schedule an appointment accordingly. Appointments are for a maximum of 1 hour and are limited to no more than two appointments per week. Customers are encouraged to continue using our virtual services whenever possible (Listed below)
- Sign up for "Notify Me" to receive alerts about our upcoming events and workshops.
- Subscribe to the Workforce Resource Center newsletter - View past editions
- View the monthly event schedule (pdf) or view the upcoming event schedule (pdf)
Virtual Resources & Services
- Coffee with a Career Counselor, Saturday, November 14, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Join this Go-To-Meeting session for an overview of the current job market, resume tips and a Q&A discussion. Sign up here.
- Not sure how to start your job search? Submit this questionnaire and let our Resource Navigator guide you through the process with resources, tools, resume reviews and employment coaching support to get you on your way. Staff will respond within 1 business day. You may also call us at 703-777-0150 and press option 1.
- Job readiness workshops are held virtually through the Go to Meeting platform. LinkedIn profile reviews and mock interviews are offered in the same platform via set appointment. View the full schedule and register online. If you need help deciding which workshop is right for you, call us at 703-777-0150 and press Option 0.
- The Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program, for both Adult (PDF) and Youth (PDF), will continue to offer employment assistance through alternative methods, such as use of online technology.
- We have created a list of online resources (PDF) that you can access to support your learning in areas of career interests and planning, resumes and interviews, transferable skills, labor market information, wellness during times of unemployment and more!
Local employers are still hiring and seeking applicants for key positions. Check the links below for current job opportunities which are updated twice weekly (Tuesday & Friday). Once you have applied for one of these positions listed in our job postings, submit this form to the Employer Services Coordinator for support in facilitating a connection with the employers.
The Loudoun Workforce Resource Center is located within the Department of Family Services and is a Virginia Career Works Affiliate. The center provides no-cost resources and equipment to both job seekers and businesses. Our mission is to connect businesses and job seekers to achieve their employment goals.
- Employment Counseling
- Employment Navigation
- Interview Practice @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Job Announcements
- Job Readiness Classes
- Job Search Resources @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Meet the Employer
- Office Equipment
- Resume Development @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Let us link you with the right resources to make your job search a success.
Got a new job? Let us know!
Submit the "Got a Job" form online or call 703-777-0150 to report your success.