The Loudoun County Department of Planning and Zoning uses a PDF file format for the 1993 Revised Zoning Ordinance.
- The Cover Page and "Listing of Amendments" are included in the single '93 Revised Zoning Ordinance PDF file.
- The Table of Contents is included in the single PDF file. Each entry in the Table of Contents has a direct link to the location within the Zoning Ordinance. Using the "Last View" Navigational Arrow within Adobe Reader version 10 or greater, will allow for return to previous page views, if desired.
- All page numbers, previously based on separate Article paginations, have been removed.
- Adobe Reader-supported bookmarks can be used to supplement search functionality or as an alternative to the embedded Table of Contents links.
- If you care to share your comments, please send your correspondence to Planning and Zoning via email.
Revised 1993 Loudoun County Zoning Ordinance
- Index of Zoning Ordinance Amendments (PDF)
- Read Me First: How to Use the Bookmark and Search Functions (PDF)
- Revised 1993 Zoning Ordinance (PDF)
1993 Loudoun County Zoning Ordinance (Before January 7, 2003)
1972 Loudoun County Zoning Ordinance
The County has adopted a Zoning Ordinance and the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code/International Property Maintenance Code, each of which regulates who and how many people may occupy a dwelling.
In addition to enforcing provision of the County Zoning Ordinance, the Zoning Enforcement Team also responds to and investigates complaints under Chapter 3 (Exterior Property Areas) and Chapter 4 (Light, Ventilation and Occupancy Limitations) of the Virginia Maintenance Code, Part III of the Uniform Statewide Building Code.