Demographic Estimates & Forecasts
Periodically, demographic estimates and forecasts of population, housing units, households, and employment are produced for the county and areas within the county.
- Estimates - Present time and past years
- Forecasts - Future years through 2045
Demographic estimates are produced for years between decennial censuses, up to the present time. The reference date of the figures is April 1 of the specified year.
- 2019 Population: 412,864
- 2019 Households (Occupied Housing Units): 134,380
- 2019 Housing Units: 140,200
Current Estimate Series
- County - 2019 Estimates Series
- Planning Subarea - 2000 to 2017 Annual Series of Population, Households, and Housing Units
- Towns, Incorporated - 2010 to 2017 Annual Series of Population, Households, and Housing Units
- Zip Code - 2010 to 2017 Annual Series of Population, Households, and Housing Units
Historic Decennial Census
Demographic forecasts are produced using Loudoun County Government’s estimates as a basis. Forecasts reflect:
- Approved developments remaining to be built
- Land use constraints
- Long-range supply of land
- Market conditions
- Planned land use
- Recent development activity
- Population, Housing Units, Households, Employment - 2005 to 2045 forecasted population, households, housing units, and employment in one-year increments
Demographic forecasts are available for housing units, households, population, and employment. Loudoun County submits its TAZ forecasts to the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (COG). Please note that the forecasts below are from Round 9.1 of the MWCOG population forecast series. Round 9.1 does not include projected land use changes based on the 2019 Loudoun County Comprehensive Plan update. Those projected land use changes will be incorporated in Round 9.2, which is scheduled for publication in 2020.