The U.S. Census Bureau's American Community Survey (ACS) provides annual demographic data including educational attainment, foreign born population, language spoken at home, household income, and housing characteristics.
When using the American Community Survey's data, it is best to use percentages rather than report actual numbers because the ACS is a survey of a small subset of the county's population. More ACS data can be found by going to the Census Bureau's American FactFinder.
Census Bureau Demographic Profiles, ACS One-Year Estimates
- Best to use if current data is needed, but be aware it has large statistical sample error
- Available countywide
- Not available for County sub-geographies (e.g. towns, election districts)
- Loudoun County Economic Characteristics, 2016 (PDF) - Use the ACS for economic characteristics data. For the civilian labor force and unemployment data use the Virginia Employment Commission.
- Loudoun County Housing Characteristics, 2016 (PDF)Loudoun County Social Characteristics, 2016 (PDF)
- Prior Year ACS Demographic Profiles (PDF)
Census Bureau Demographic Profiles, ACS Five-Year Estimates
- Available for County sub-geographies
- Use for increased statistical reliability
- Economic Characteristics, 2012 to 2016 (PDF)
- Housing Characteristics, 2012 to 2016 (PDF)
- Social Characteristics, 2012 to 2016 (PDF)
2010 Decennial Census
The U.S. Census Bureau's Decennial Census is conducted every ten years and surveys 100% of the county's population.
Loudoun County Analysis
- Census Highlights (PDF)
- Race and Ethnicity Population Concentration Maps
Census Bureau Demographic Profiles
- Census Designated Places (CDP) of Loudoun (Unincorporated Places)
- Incorporated Towns of Loudoun County
- Loudoun County
- United States (PDF)
- Virginia (PDF)
- Washington D.C. Metropolitan Statistical Area (PDF)
- Home Sales Prices by Zip Code Report (PDF) - Reports the price variations of owner-occupied houses sold in the County to assess the housing affordability issue.