About Fire Company 2
The Purcellville Volunteer Fire Company was formed in the early 1900s. Initially, two hand-drawn chemical wagons were placed in service but in 1923, PVFC received its charter and the era of motorized fire apparatus began. The Purcellville Public Safety Center opened in 2009 and houses both the Purcellville Volunteer Fire Company (Company 2) and the Purcellville Volunteer Rescue (Company 14).
The station houses apparatus including a Rescue Engine, Tower Ladder, Tanker and Brush specialty pieces. Staffing for Company 2 / Station Number 2 consists of career personnel from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m., seven days a week and volunteer personnel from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. every day.
About Rescue Company 14
The Purcellville Volunteer Rescue Squad (PVRS) has been in existence since 1969 and provides emergency rescue service for the town of Purcellville, Philomont, Hillsboro and surrounding areas.
PVRS maintains an all-volunteer rescue squad that currently operates three class A ambulances, an Advanced Life Support (ALS) Chase Vehicle, and a Basic Life Support (BLS) Chase Vehicle.