Historic Records & Deed Research

Circuit Court and Clerk of the Circuit Court COVID-19 Information

Social Distancing Protocols

  • At this time the Historic Records research room is temporarily closed. Loudoun County residents can obtain remote access to the Clerk of Circuit Court’s deeds and land records for 30 days at no charge. Loudoun residents can email the Clerk’s Land Records Division to inquire and request the necessary digital paperwork to establish a temporary subscription account. Clerk Gary Clemens is waiving the subscription fee. This remote access account will permit residents to access deed, land records, and judgment information from home or a remote location, eliminating the need to visit the Clerk’s Office in Leesburg. 
  • Copies of deeds and land records can also be obtained by contacting the Historic Records & Deed Research Division by email or phone at 703-737-8775. Please note that the Historic Records office cannot conduct research, clients must have specific information regarding the documents being requested.

Division Responsibilities

The Historic Records and Deed Research Division maintains county court records dating from the formation of Loudoun County in 1757.

  • Loudoun contains one of the most complete collections of court records in Virginia, and is one of only a few of Virginia’s ninety-eight counties whose records have not been destroyed by fire, war, or environmental factors. 
  • We encourage you to research our online indexes, helpful links, and research tips prior to your visit.
  • Please note no food or drink is allowed in the Historic Records.
  • The Clerk of the Circuit Court is launching the implementation of additional remote services for the patrons of our Historic Records

Upcoming Events

Related Resources

Court Devices Policy

Electronic and digital devices, cellphones, cameras, laptops, tablets, and scanners are prohibited inside the Court House Complex.

*Please note: Court personnel are prohibited by law from giving legal advice. If you need assistance or advice, please see our Legal Aid and Links page.