Certified copies cost an additional $2 per document. VA Code § 17.1-275
Note: Some of our valuable historic records are fragile and brittle which presents challenges in making copies from the paper records. In these circumstances, the Clerk will offer alternative ways to offer copies to our clients. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we preserve these valuable fragile records.
What do I need to request a copy?
- Reference number
- Page count (determines copy cost)
- Choice of Payment: Cash, Check, Escrow Accounts (PDF) Opens a New Window. , or credit cards (Discover, Visa, MasterCard) credit card fee applies (4% or $2, whichever amount is greater)
Note: Please make checks payable to "Clerk of Circuit Court."
You may contact Historic Records and Deed Research for reference numbers and page counts.
- Requests by U.S. Postal Service please use mailing address
- Requests by Courier Service please use physical (location) address
Include the following information
- Letter with document reference, preferred copy size, and choice of certification
- Money order or check for appropriate amount
- Self-addressed and stamped envelope