Blue Ridge District Supervisor Tony R. Buffington Jr.
Stay Up to Date
- Fall 2019 Comprehensive Update
- VDOT: Fleetwood Road Pipe Replacement October 29 and 30 (PDF)
- Little League World Series Parade! (PDF)
- Supervisor Buffington Sends Letter to VDOT Supporting Hillsboro Road Closure Plan (PDF)
- Let's Preserve Our History! (PDF)
- Aldie Fire Station Alternate Site! (PDF)
- Evergreen & Watson Safety Improvement Installation June 24-July 12, 2019 (PDF)
- Hal and Bernie Hanson Park Approved! (PDF)
- Trailhead & Rt 50 Roundabout! (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Preserve Your Land From Development? (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Claiborne Parkway Opens Today (1/09/19) !!! (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Route 7-287 Dedicated Left Turn Signal Approved! (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Purcellville Library Improvements Complete! (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Safety Update! Evergreen Mills and Watson Road Safety Improvements (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Commuter Bus, Park & Ride, and Metro Connection Enhancements! (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Update - Willowsford Discharge of Firearms Incident (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Big Win! $106 Million for District Transportation Projects! (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Sign Up for Alert Loudoun
- Webcasts of the Board of Supervisors Meetings
- Like Supervisor Buffington on Facebook
- Sign up for Supervisor Buffington's Newsletter
- Attending a Board of Supervisors Meeting
- Capital Project Status Report
- Most Recent Quarterly Report on Capital Improvement Projects (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- FY 20 Adopted Capital Improvement Program (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- County Calendar
- Who is Responsible for Maintaining My Road?
- Report a Problem to VDOT
- Loudoun Express Request (LEx) - Loudoun's Citizen Request System
- Weblogis: Loudoun's Online Mapping System Opens a New Window. / Loudoun GeoHub Opens a New Window.
- Find Your Polling Place Opens a New Window.
Supervisor Buffington's Letter to the REDC
Information on Broadband
- Supervisor Buffington's Letter to Governor McAuliffe on Broadband Survey (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Communications Commission
- List of Area Providers
About Supervisor Buffington
Supervisor Tony Buffington was elected to represent the Blue Ridge District on the Board of Supervisors in November of 2015. He serves on the Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee and represents the Board of Supervisors on the Coalition of Loudoun Towns (COLT). In addition to having served on the Joint Town of Leesburg/Loudoun County Law Enforcement Task Force, he has also served as Loudoun’s representative on the Northern Virginia Regional Commission.
Supervisor Buffington has fought to preserve our rural areas and support our towns while ensuring a strong rural economy and high quality of life for residents. He has been a strong advocate for numerous transportation initiatives designed to improve safety and reduce traffic congestion throughout the district. He has worked to gain approval for planning of a new western Loudoun recreation center and helped secure funding for the Round Hill to Franklin ParkTrail, Hal & Bernie Hanson Park, a future western Loudoun state park, and many other parks and recreation initiatives. He has supported sufficient school funding to enable accomplishment of 100% full day kindergarten throughout Loudoun. He sought and helped gain approval for Loudoun’s first ever Broadband Strategic Plan for the expansion of broadband throughout western Loudoun and he spearheaded a successful initiative to encourage new expansion by reducing the business personal property tax by 50% on installation of new wireless broadband equipment. He helped improve retirement pay for Loudoun’s emergency first responders. He received the 2018 “Friend of the Blue Ridge Mountain” award for his Conservation Easement Assistance initiative, and was voted Loudoun Now’s “Favorite Public Servant” in 2017.
Tony was raised near the Shenandoah River in neighboring Clarke County, Virginia, where he attended high school in Berryville and was a member of the Future Farmers of America before graduating in 1996. In 1998, he joined the United States Marine Corps serving in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and other locations before receiving an honorable discharge in 2002 at the rank of sergeant.
After his service in the Marine’s, Tony became a federal law enforcement officer in the Washington, D.C. area, where he continues to serve in a supervisory capacity. In addition to his federal service, Tony previously served as an appointed member of the Loudoun County Heritage Commission, and as Vice President of the Brambleton Homeowners Association.
Tony lives in Purcellville and is the proud father of two young men being raised in Loudoun County.