Broad Run District Supervisor Sylvia R. Glass
Stay Up to Date
- 01-15-21: Online Vaccine Pre-Screening Survey; Adults 65+ Added to Phase 1b (PDF)
- Broad Run Bulletin - January 2021 (PDF)
- Like my Facebook
- Follow my Twitter
- Follow my Instagram
- Sign up for Alert Loudoun
Transportation and Capital Projects
- Capital Project Status Map
- Ashburn Recreation & Community Center
- Ashburn Road Corridor Improvements (PDF)
- Farmwell Road Intersection Improvements
- George Washington Boulevard Overpass
- Potomac Green Community Park
- Waxpool Road Intersection Improvements I
- Waxpool Road Intersection Improvements II (PDF)
- Joint Board and School Board Committee
- Transportation & Land Use Committee
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments’ Air Quality Committee
- Northern Virginia Transportation Authority Planning Coordination Advisory Committee
- Route 28 Transportation Improvement District Commission
- Loudoun County Disability Services Board
About Supervisor Glass
Supervisor Sylvia R. Glass was elected to represent the Broad Run District on the Board of Supervisors in November 2019.
She serves on the Board of Supervisors’ Joint Board and School Board Committee and the Transportation and Land Use Committee. She represents Loudoun on the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments’ Air Quality Committee, the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority Planning Coordination Advisory Committee and the Route 28 Transportation Improvement District Commission. She also serves as the Board’s representative on the Loudoun County Disability Services Board.
Supervisor Glass is currently a special education teacher at Leesburg Elementary School, having worked previously as a teaching assistant and cafeteria monitor with Loudoun County Public Schools. Her prior work experience encompasses both accounting and real estate. She held positions with the U.S. Defense Contract Audit Agency and Trollinger and Co. and later earned her real estate license and worked with ReMax.
Supervisor Glass strongly believes in the value of service and has been a community advocate and volunteer in the Broad Run community for more than two decades. She served as the President of the Dominion Trail Elementary School Parent Teacher Association and is a member of the NAACP Education Committee. She is also active with the Loudoun County Public Schools’ Minority Student Achievement Advisory Committee and is a member of the Loudoun Education Association. Further, she is a member of the Loudoun chapter of Moms Demand Action.
Supervisor Glass earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting and economics from Bowie State University and a master’s degree in special education from George Mason University. She resides in Ashburn Village where she and her husband, Alan, have raised their four sons, Jordan, Zachary, Joshua, and Taylor, who have all attended Loudoun County Public Schools.