Broad Run District Supervisor Sylvia R. Glass
Stay Up to Date
- Broad Run Bulletin - February 2023 (PDF)
- Like my Facebook
- Follow my Twitter
- Follow my Instagram
- Sign up for Alert Loudoun
Transportation and Capital Projects
- Capital Project Status Map
- Ashburn Recreation & Community Center
- Ashburn Road Corridor Improvements (PDF)
- Belmont Ridge Road Widening and Corridor Study
- Farmwell Road Intersection Improvements
- George Washington Boulevard/Route 7 Overpass
- Metrorail Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements
- Prentice Drive Extension
- Route 7 Corridor Study
- Russell Branch Parkway Corridor Study
- Shellhorn Road Extension
- Smith Switch Road Corridor Study (PDF)
- VDOT Paving Program
- Waxpool Road Intersection Improvements
- W&OD Trail Crossing Improvements
- Co-Chair, Board of Supervisors and School Board Joint Committee
- Tiffany Polifko, Broad Run District School Board Member
- Board of Supervisors Transportation & Land Use Committee
- Loudoun County Disability Services Board
- Dulles Town Center Community Development Authority
- Route 28 Transportation Improvement District Commission
- Northern Virginia Regional Commission
- Northern Virginia Transportation Authority Planning Coordination Advisory Committee
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Air Quality Committee
- Virginia Association of Counties Education Steering Committee
- National Association of Counties Human Services & Education Steering Committee
- National Association of Counties International and Economic Development Task Force
About Supervisor Glass
Supervisor Sylvia R. Glass was elected to represent the Broad Run District on the Board of Supervisors in November 2019.
She serves as co-chair of the Board of Supervisors’ Joint Board and School Board Committee and is a member of the Transportation and Land Use Committee. She represents Loudoun on the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments’ Air Quality Committee, the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority Planning Coordination Advisory Committee, the Northern Virginia Regional Commission, the Dulles Town Center Community Development Authority, and the Route 28 Transportation Improvement District Commission. She also serves as the Board’s representative on the Loudoun County Disability Services Board and on education steering committees for both the Virginia and National Association of Counties.
Supervisor Glass is currently an elementary, special education teacher's assistant with Virtual Loudoun, having worked previously as a special education teacher and cafeteria monitor with Loudoun County Public Schools. Her prior work experience encompasses both accounting and real estate. She held positions with the U.S. Defense Contract Audit Agency and Trollinger and Co. and later earned her real estate license and worked with ReMax.
Supervisor Glass strongly believes in the value of service and has been a community advocate and volunteer in the Broad Run community for more than two decades. She served as the President of the Dominion Trail Elementary School Parent Teacher Association and is a member of the NAACP Education Committee. She is also active with the Loudoun County Public Schools’ Minority Student Achievement Advisory Committee and is a member of the Loudoun Education Association. Further, she is a member of the Loudoun chapter of Moms Demand Action.
Supervisor Glass earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting and economics from Bowie State University and a master’s degree in special education from George Mason University. She resides in Ashburn Village where she and her husband, Alan, have raised their four sons, Jordan, Zachary, Joshua and Taylor, who have all graduated from Loudoun County Public Schools.