Catoctin District Supervisor Geary M. Higgins
- Catoctin District Update - Spring 2019 Newsletter (PDF)
- Route 15 & Route 7 (Route 9 to Greenway) Improvements (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Route 15 Resources
- 08-12-19: Route 15 Improvements from Montresor Road to Point of Rocks Update (PDF)
- Route 15 Webpage
- 09-25-18: Route 15 Improvements from Leesburg to Montresor Road Approved (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- 09-19-18: Route 15 Update (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Major Route 15 Milestone Achieved (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- 05-10-18: Letter to NVTA from Supervisor Higgins (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- March Design Open House Mailer (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Town of Leesburg Wells Study - September 2014 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- 1998 VDOT Route 15 Safety Study (PDF)
- Zoning Permit Not Needed for Mobile Chicken Coops (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- News Release: Supervisors Higgins and Buffington Obtain Clarification on Agriculture Regulations for Mobile Chicken Coops - Zoning Permits Not Required (PDF) Opens a New Window.
New State Park in Loudoun!
- State Park Map (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- State Park Map - Blue Ridge Center (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- A New State Park in Loudoun! (PDF)
Loudoun Equine Survey 2015
AT&T Short Hill
- Newsletter: AT&T Withdraws Short Hill Commission Permit (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- AT&T Letter: Withdrawal (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- 05-26-16: AT&T Short Hill Update from Geary Higgins and Tony Buffington (PDF)
- 05-20-16: Upcoming Events and AT&T Update (PDF)
- AT&T Short Hill Facility Community Meeting May 23, 2016 (PDF)
Loudoun & DC Soccer Management
- Broadband Services
- Area Providers
- Communications Commission
- Broadband Summit: Communications Commission Presentation (PDF)
Catoctin District Newsletter
- Like Supervisor Geary Higgins on Facebook Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
About Supervisor Higgins
Geary M. Higgins was elected to represent the Catoctin District on the Board of Supervisors in November 2011 and re-elected in 2015. He serves as Chair of the Board's Transportation and Land Use Committee and is a member of the Joint Board of Supervisors/School Board Committee, having previously served as co-chair of that committee. He is one of two of the Board's representatives on the Northern Virginia Regional Commission and serves as the Board's representative on the Loudoun County Agricultural District Advisory Committee and the Annexation Area Development Policy Committee.
He is the Vice President of Labor Relations for NECA, Inc. in Bethesda, Maryland. In that capacity, he serves on numerous industry-related educational and training boards and as a healthcare and pension trustee. He is also an arbitrator for the Industrial Relations Council.
He served as the Catoctin Representative on the Loudoun County School Board from 2000 to 2004 and was the Chairman of the Personnel Services Committee. He also served on the Discipline Committee and the Legislative and Policy Committee.
A graduate of Clarion University in Clarion, Pennsylvania, he received a Business Administration degree, with a double major in management and marketing. He attended college on an athletic scholarship for wrestling.
He has been a Board Member for the Loudoun Museum since 1998. He has served as the Vice President, Treasurer and as Chairman of the Education Committee.
He was born in Baltimore and grew up in Montgomery County, Maryland. He and his wife Gail moved to Loudoun County in 1977 and live near Waterford. They attend church at the Cornerstone Chapel in Leesburg. They have three daughters who graduated from Loudoun Valley High School - Melissa, Megan, and Molly. They have three grandsons: Noah, Nathan, Marshall and Michael.