Development Ordinance Amendments (DOAM)
Development Ordinance Amendments (DOAM) are draft amendments to the Facilities Standards Manual or Codified Ordinance prepared by staff and/or the Facilities Standards Manual Public Review Committee for review by the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors. Codified Ordinance amendments are usually only reviewed by the Board of Supervisors.
The purpose of the DOAM is to ensure consistency with the proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendment (ZOAM-2017-0005), which proposes amendments to the buffering and screening standards of the Revised 1993 Loudoun County Zoning Ordinance. The ZOAM and DOAM also address the Board Member Initiative (BMI) approved (7-0-2; Buffington and Higgins absent) on March 7, 2017, directing staff to develop ordinance language to preserve existing and historic cemeteries and burial grounds.
On October 17, 2019, the Board of Supervisors forwarded DOAM-2018-0001 to the November 21, 2019, Business Meeting for action and directed staff to reinstate the proposed cemetery protection regulations, including the cemetery Preservation Buffer.
Past Meeting Documents
- 07-11-19: Planning Commission Work Session: Staff Report (PDF)
- 07-30-19: Planning Commission Public Hearing: Staff Report (PDF)
- 09-11-19: Board Public Hearing: Staff Report (PDF)
- 09-11-19: Board Public Hearing: Supplemental Memo (PDF)
The purpose of the DOAM is to: 1) establish new requirements in regard to Emergency Vehicle Preemption for the safe passage of emergency vehicles through signalized intersections and to improve emergency response times 2) amend the Fire Apparatus Access Road standards to be consistent with the Loudoun County Fire Prevention Code (FSM only); 3) amend the Standard Curb and Gutter Individual Driveway Entrance Figure consistent with Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) requirements (FSM only), and 4) amend Latent Defect Indemnification Agreement and bond standards to streamline the bonding process (FSM only).
On October 17, 2019, the Board of Supervisors adopted DOAM-2018-0002, effective October 18, 2019. The redline text depicting the amendments is provided in the staff report.
Past Meeting Documents
- 03-05-19: Board Business Meeting: Staff Report (PDF)
- 03-05-19: Board Business Meeting: Copy Teste (PDF)
- 05-28-19: Planning Commission Public Hearing: Staff Report (PDF)
- 06-13-19: Planning Commission Work Session: Staff Report (PDF)
- 07-10-19: Board Public Hearing: Staff Report (PDF)
- 09-24-19: Transportation and Land Use Committee: Staff Report (PDF)