- Departments & Offices
- Planning & Zoning
- Agricultural & Forestal Districts
Agricultural & Forestal Districts
The Loudoun County Agricultural and Forestal District (AFD) Program:
- Conserves, protects, and encourages the development and improvement of agricultural and forestal lands
- Values natural and ecological resources
- Protects and enhances agricultural and forestal land as an economic and environmental resource
- Lower taxes
- Protect productive farm, forest, and other open space lands
- Virginia Code §15.2-4305 defines the standards for considering parcels for inclusion in the AFD program
Creating A New Agricultural District
- Proposed AFDs must meet the criteria provided by Virginia Code §15.2-4305
- Completed application submitted by November 1 of each year
Interim Additions to Agricultural Districts
Renewing Agricultural District
- Agricultural and Forestal District Renewal Process (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Renewal Application for an Agricultural and Forestal District (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Withdrawing From Ag District
- Early Withdrawal (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Review and Renewal Withdrawal (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Death of a Property Owner (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Agricultural & Forestal District Ordinance
- Brochure (PDF)
- FAQS (PDF)
- Loudoun Soil and Water Conservation District
- Virginia Code Section 15.2-4300
- Virginia Department of Forestry
The Loudoun County Agricultural and Forestal District Program was established in 1979. In 2023, there are over 41,000 acres enrolled within 21 Agricultural and Forestal Districts (AFDs) located throughout the county.
The information provided by this webpage is not intended to serve as nor provide legal advice in regard to the Loudoun County Agricultural and Forestal District Program.
For more information, email the Department of Planning and Zoning or call 703-777-0246.