Use of County Facilities
Guidelines & Procedures for the Use of County Facilities
Under the Loudoun County facility use policy, nonprofit groups that are located in or do business in Loudoun County are permitted to use public areas in Loudoun County government facilities and grounds to the extent permitted by law. Rooms may only be used Monday through Thursday, after business hours. All meetings must end no later than 10 p.m, at which time sheriff’s deputies will clear the building.
Six-foot distancing and masks are required in the building and when using conference rooms.
Requesting a Room Reservation
In order to reserve a room at the Loudoun County Government Center, patrons must complete the Facility Use Application. County staff reviews and processes these requests and will confirm reservations via email.
- Board Room (First Floor) - Maximum Seating Capacity: 200
- Lovettsville Room (First Floor) - Maximum Seating Capacity: 40
- Purcellville Room (First Floor) - Maximum Seating Capacity: 40
- Dulles Room (First Floor) - Maximum Seating Capacity: 80
Refreshments are not permitted in the Board Room. Use of the County’s audio/visual equipment in these rooms is strictly prohibited. The County does not provide reconfiguration of tables, additional tables, food preparation facilities or refrigeration equipment.
Facility Use Policy
This policy governs the use of public areas of buildings or facilities owned, leased or otherwise occupied exclusively by Loudoun County Government that are used for the conduct of county operational business. County facilities not covered by this policy include: Courts Complex, all PRCS Community Centers, Senior Center at Cascades, Senior Café at Depot Court, all county libraries, all Fire and Rescue Stations and facilities under the control of the Loudoun County School Board.
Loudoun County Government reserves the right to revoke permission for use of its facilities or reschedule activities within the Government Center when necessary. The Board of Supervisors has priority use of the Board Room, Dulles Room and the Lovettsville Room at all times. Board priorities in these rooms may result in the rescheduling of any meeting on short notice.
Any group using County facilities or grounds shall:
- Be required to release the County from any liability) for damages caused to the user or its property during the time of use
- Hold the County harmless from any liability to third parties for injury caused by the group or any persons or groups to attend the event
- Be liable to the County for any damages to County property or injuries to County employees or agents caused by the group or by any person attending the group’s events, whether or not the damage is the result of negligence, intentional acts or accident
- Provide evidence of a minimum of $1,000,000 in liability insurance coverage as part of any application that may involve 30 or more persons
The County reserves the right to deny applications for use if the user has previously violated the rules set forth in this policy or if the use would pose health or safety risks. The complete facility use policy (PDF) Opens a New Window. , including information about restrictions on use and liability is available.
View information on applying for use of the Loudoun County Courthouse grounds in Leesburg.