Frequently Asked Questions: Douglass Community Center Trip Camps
Here is a list of frequently asked questions for the Trip Camp program. If you find that your question is not answered here, please contact the Douglass Community Center office at 703-771-5913 and we will be happy to assist you.
- When will the required camp forms be available and when do they need to be completed?
- When will the daily camp itinerary be available?
- Can I use the paperwork from other PRCS camps for the Trip Camp?
- The camp operates from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Does that mean that my child has to be in camp from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.?
- What happens if a trip is returning late to the center?
- If my child forgets to bring lunch, sunscreen, camp shirt, swim suit, etc., what do we do in those circumstances?
- If my child arrives at the center after the trip has already left, what happens?
- Can I pick my child up from the destination if they have a doctor’s appointment, sports event, etc.?
- Is my elementary child allowed to go with their older sister / brother? I want them to be together.
- What is the camper to staff ratio?
- Can my child wear flip flops on pool days?
- What is your policy on food containing nuts?
- Do you provide camp shirts?
- What happens in the event of inclement weather?
- Where do I pick up and drop off my child each day?
- Should I send my child with extra spending money?
- What is the camp policy on personal electronics?
- May I go on the trip with my child?
- Why does my child have to take a swim test when they already know how to swim and I completed the swim ability form?
- My child has medications that need to be taken during camp. How should I handle this?
- Why does my child have to stay on the bus when they arrive back at the center while I wait outside for them to be released one by one?
- When is my camp tuition due?
- Should I send a reusable water bottle to camp with my child?
- What happens if I have a question that is not addressed here?