Fiscal Year 2021 Budget & Fiscal Year 2022 Budget Process
Board Adopts FY 2022 Budget
On April 6, 2021, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors adopted the budget for Fiscal Year 2022 (FY 2022). The budget totals about $3.3 billion in total appropriations for the general county government and school system for FY 2022. The adopted budget includes a real property tax rate of $0.980 per $100 in assessed value, 5.5 cents lower than the current tax rate.
The FY 22 Adopted Budget document will be posted here once available.
Budget Process: Proposed FY 2022 Budget
Loudoun County Administrator Tim Hemstreet presented his proposed FY 2022 Budget at a meeting of the Board of Supervisors February 10, 2021.
Proposed Budget Presentation
- County Administrator’s Proposed FY 2022 Budget Presentation (PDF)
- News Release: County Administrator Presents Proposed FY 2022 Budget
- Proposed FY 2022 Budget Document: Volume 1 (PDF)
- Proposed FY 2022 Budget Document: Volume 2 - Capital Improvement Program (PDF)
- Note: View the proposed FY 2022 budget document section-by-section below.
Capital Improvement Program Presentation
The County Administrator presented the proposed FY 2021-FY 2026 Capital Improvement Program to a meeting of the Board’s Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee February 9, 2021.
Members of the public may also:
FY 2022 Budget Work Sessions
The Board of Supervisors is holding work sessions on the FY 2022 budget in March. Links to documents prepared for the work sessions will be posted here once they are available. The work sessions will be available for viewing on Comcast Government Channel 23, Verizon FiOS Channel 40 and through the Loudoun County webcast system.
Capital Improvement Program Meetings
The work sessions will be available for viewing on Comcast Government Channel 23, Verizon FiOS Channel 40 and through the Loudoun County webcast system.
Revenue and Trends
General Government Administration
Public Safety and Judicial Administration
Health and Welfare
Parks, Recreation and Culture
CIP Executive Summary
- 7 - CIP Executive Summary
- 7a - Guide to the CIP
- 7b - Summary of the Capital Budget
- 7c - Factors Affecting the Capital Budget
- 7d - Summary of New Projects and Changes
- 7e - Schedule of Appropriations
- 7f - Operating Imact Analysis
- 7g - Comparison Tables
- 7h - County Projects by Election District
- 7i - Schedule of Financing and Referenda
CIP Previously Authorized and Future Projects
CIP County Projects
CIP Transportation Projects
CIP School Projects
Debt Service Fund
- 13 - Other Funds
- 13a - Capital Asset Preservation Program Fund
- 13b - Children's Services Act Fund
- 13c - County OPEB Trust Fund
- 13d - Dulles Town Center Community Development Authority Fund
- 13e - EMS Transport Fund
- 13f - Greenlea Tax District Fund
- 13g - Housing Fund
- 13h - Legal Resource Center Fund
- 13i - Major Equipment Replacement Fund
- 13j - Metro Parking Garages Fund
- 13k - Public Facilities Fund
- 13l - Rental Assistance Program Fund
- 13m - Restricted TOT Fund
- 13n - Route 28 Special Improvements Fund
- 13o - State and Federal Grant Fund
- 13p - Tall Oaks Water and Sewer Fund
- 13q - Transportation District Fund
Fiscal Year 2021 Adopted Budget is Online
The Loudoun County Fiscal Year 2021 (FY 2021) Adopted Budget is online. Volume 1 includes the executive summary, general fund revenue and trends, and operating expenditures. Volume 2 includes the FY 2021-FY 2026 Amended Capital Improvement Program.
FY 2021 runs from July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021
The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors adopted the FY 2021 budget April 7, 2020.
Where the Money Goes
Follow the dollar bill graphic below to view a representation of where tax dollars are used in Loudoun County under the Adopted Fiscal Year 2021 Budget.