Fiscal Year 2019 Budget/Fiscal Year 2020 Budget Process
Proposed FY 2020 Budget
Loudoun County Administrator Tim Hemstreet presented his proposed Fiscal Year 2020 (FY 20) Budget at a meeting of the Board of Supervisors Wednesday, February 13, 2019.
Proposed Budget Presentation
- County Administrator's Proposed FY 2020 Budget Presentation (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- News Release: County Administrator Presents Proposed FY 2020 Budget Opens a New Window.
- Proposed FY 2020 Budget Document: Volume 1 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Proposed FY 2020 Budget Document: Volume 2 (CIP) Opens a New Window.
Capital Improvement Program Presentation
Hemstreet presented the proposed FY 2020 Capital Improvement Program to a meeting of the Board’s Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee February 12, 2019.
There are several ways in which members of the public may participate in the budget process, including Board of Supervisors public hearings, email, voice messages and social media. The Board will hold three public hearings on the proposed FY 2020 budget. The hearings are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 3:00 p.m., Board Room, Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison Street, S.E., Leesburg.
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 6:00 p.m., Board Room, Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison Street, S.E., Leesburg.
- Saturday, March 2, 2019, 9:00 a.m., Loudoun County Public Schools Administration Building, 21000 Education Court, Ashburn.
Anyone who wishes to speak at the public hearings may sign up in advance for one speaking slot, beginning Thursday, February 14, 2019, by calling 703-777-0204.
The public hearings at the government center will be available for viewing on Comcast Government TV Channel 23, Open Band Channel 40, and Verizon FiOS Channel 40. They will also be webcast at www.loudoun.gov/webcast.
Members of the public may also:
- Leave a message on the Board of Supervisors’ Comment Line at 703-777-0115.
- Send an email to the Board of Supervisors at [email protected] Opens a New Window. , or write to the Board of Supervisors, P.O. Box 7000, Leesburg, VA 20177.
- Provide comments through the Loudoun County government’s Facebook Opens a New Window. and Twitter Opens a New Window. sites.
FY 2020 Budget Work Sessions
The Board of Supervisors will hold work sessions on the FY 2020 budget in March. Links to documents prepared for the work sessions will be posted here.
- Monday, March 4, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 7, 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 11, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14, 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 18, 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 20, 6:00 p.m.
The Board’s Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee will hold special meetings on the CIP.
- Wednesday, February 20, 6:00 p.m. (Canceled)
- Wednesday, February 27, (following the Board of Supervisors public hearing at 6;00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, March 6, 6:00 p.m.
The Board of Supervisors is expected to adopt the FY 2020 Budget on April 2, 2109.
FY 2019 Budget
FY 2019 Budget Story is Online
FY 2019 Budget Document is Online
The Loudoun County government's adopted budget for Fiscal Year 2019, which began July 1, 2018, is made up of two volumes. Volume 1 includes the executive summary, general fund revenue and trends, and operating expenditures. Volume 2 includes the FY 2019-FY 2024 Capital Improvement Program.
- FY 2019 Adopted Budget Volume 1 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- FY 2019 Adopted Budget Volume 2 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Board Adopts FY 2019 Budget; Lowers Tax Rate by Four Cents
On April 3, 2018, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors adopted a budget for Fiscal Year 2019. The budget totals about $2.6 billion in total appropriations for the general county government and school system for FY 2019. Learn more in this county news release:
- 04-03-18 News Release: Board Adopts FY 19 Budget Opens a New Window.
- Your Tax Dollar at Work FY 19 Illustration Opens a New Window.
FY 2019 Budget Work Sessions Held
Adoption of the budget followed a series of budget work sessions held by the Board of Supervisors in March. View the documents prepared for the work sessions Opens a New Window. .
CIP Work Sessions
The proposed FY 2019-2024 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) was presented to the Board of Supervisors' Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee,which held two CIP work sessions.
Television and Webcast Coverage
Archived videos of the budget and CIP work sessions are available for viewing at www.loudoun.gov/webcast-archives Opens a New Window. . Opens a New Window.
FY 2019 Performance Measures
The full list of FY 2019 performance measures for Loudoun County is intended to serve as a supplementary document to the FY 2019 proposed budget, which includes a subset of measures specifically related to FY 2019 budget issues.
Archived Budget Information
Looking for information about past budgets? Check out out Budget Archive.