- Departments & Offices
- Finance & Budget
- Current and Proposed Budget
Fiscal Year 2023 Budget & Fiscal Year 2024 Budget Process
Budget Process: Presentation of Proposed FY 2024 Budget
Loudoun County Administrator Tim Hemstreet presented his proposed FY 2024 budget at a meeting of the Board of Supervisors February 15, 2023.
Proposed Budget Presentation
- County Administrator’s Proposed FY 2024 Budget Presentation (PDF)
- News Release: County Administrator Presents Proposed FY 2024 Budget
- Proposed FY 2024 Budget Document: Volume 1 (PDF)
- Proposed FY 2024 Budget Document: Volume 2 - Capital Improvement Program (PDF)
- Note: View the proposed FY 2024 budget document section-by-section below.
Capital Improvement Program Presentation
The County Administrator presented the proposed FY 2023-FY 2028 Amended Capital Improvement Program to a meeting of the Board’s Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee February 14, 2023.
There are several ways in which members of the public may participate in the budget process, including Board of Supervisors public hearings, email, voice messages and social media.
The Board held three public hearings on the proposed FY 2024 budget. The first two were held March 1 at the Loudoun County Government Center. and the third was held March 4 at the Loudoun County Public Schools Administration Building.
In addition to providing comments at the public hearing, members of the public may also:
- Leave a message on the Board of Supervisors’ Comment Line at 703-777-0115.
- Send an email to the Board of Supervisors or write to the Board of Supervisors, P.O. Box 7000, Leesburg, VA 20177.
- Provide comments through the Loudoun County government’s Facebook and Twitter sites.
The archived video of the budget public hearings at the Government Center is available at loudoun.gov/meetings.
FY 2024 Budget Work Sessions
The Board of Supervisors is holding work sessions on the FY 2024 budget in March. Links to documents prepared for the work sessions are posted here.
- Monday, March 6, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 9, 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 11, 9:00 a.m. - Canceled
- Monday, March 13, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 16, 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18, 9:00 a.m. - Canceled
- Monday, March 20, 6:00 p.m. - Canceled
- Thursday, March 23, 6:00 p.m. - Canceled
- Saturday, March 25, 9:00 a.m. - Canceled
Capital Improvement Program Work Sessions
The Board’s Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee is scheduled to hold two work sessions on the proposed Capital Improvement Program (CIP). Links to documents prepared for the meetings will be posted here once available.
The archived video of the work sessions is available at loudoun.gov/meetings.
The Board of Supervisors is expected to adopt the FY 2024 budget at its business meeting April 4, 2023.
FY 2024 Proposed Budget
- E - Executive Summary (PDF)
- E1 - Transmittal Letter (PDF)
- E2 - Guide to the FY 2024 Proposed Budget (PDF)
- E3 - Proposed Budget Overview (PDF)
- E4 - Summary of Proposed Resource Requests (PDF)
- E5 - Resources Requests by Functional Area (PDF)
- E6 - History of Expenditures and FTE by Department (PDF)
- E7 - Fiscal Policy (PDF)
Revenue & Trends
General Government Administration
- 1 - General Government (PDF)
- 1a - Board of Supervisors (PDF)
- 1b - Commissioner of the Revenue (PDF)
- 1c - County Administrator (PDF)
- 1d - County Attorney (PDF)
- 1e - Elections and Voter Registration (PDF)
- 1f - Finance and Budget (PDF)
- 1g - General Services (PDF)
- 1h - Human Resources (PDF)
- 1i - Information Technology (PDF)
- 1j - Treasurer (PDF)
Public Safety & Judicial Administration
Health & Welfare
Parks, Recreation & Culture
CIP Executive Summary
- 7 - CIP Executive Summary (PDF)
- 7a - Guide to the FY 2023 - FY 2028 Amended CIP (PDF)
- 7b - Summary of the Capital Budget (PDF)
- 7c - Factors Affecting the FY 2023 - FY 2028 Amended CIP (PDF)
- 7d - Summary of New County Projects and Other Changes (PDF)
- 7e - Schedule of Appropriations (PDF)
- 7f - Operating Impact Analysis (PDF)
- 7g - County Projects by Election District (PDF)
- 7h - Comparison Tables (FY 2023 Adopted and FY 2024 Amended) (PDF)
- 7i - Schedule of Financing and Referenda (PDF)
CIP Previously Authorized & Future Projects
CIP County Projects
CIP Transportation Projects
CIP School Projects
Debt Service Funds
- 13 - Other Appropriated Funds (PDF)
- 13a - Capital Asset Preservation Program Fund (PDF)
- 13b - Childrens Services Act Fund (PDF)
- 13c - County OPEB Trust Fund (PDF)
- 13d - Disposable Plastic Bag Tax Fund (PDF)
- 13e - Dulles Town Center Community Development Authority Fund (PDF)
- 13f - EMS Transport Fund (PDF)
- 13g - Greenlea Tax District Fund (PDF)
- 13h - Housing Fund (PDF)
- 13i - Legal Resource Center Fund (Law Library) (PDF)
- 13j - Major Equipment Replacement Fund (PDF)
- 13k - Metro Parking Garages Fund (PDF)
- 13l - Public Facilities Fund (PDF)
- 13m - Rental Assistance Program Fund (PDF)
- 13n - Restricted Use Transient Occupancy Tax Fund (PDF)
- 13o - Route 28 Special Improvements Fund (PDF)
- 13p - State and Federal Grant Fund (PDF)
- 13q - Tall Oaks Water and Sewer Fund (PDF)
- 13r - Transportation District Fund (PDF)
Glossary & Index
Adopted FY 2023 Budget Document
The adopted Fiscal Year 2023 (FY 2023) budget document is online:
- Adopted FY 2023 Budget: Volume 1 (PDF)
- Adopted FY 2023 Budget: Volume 2 - Capital Improvement Program (PDF)
Archived Budget Information
Looking for information about past budgets? Check out our Budget Archive.