Building and Zoning Permit Application Forms
Building & Trade Permit Forms
Zoning Permit Forms
- Farm Building or Structure Attachment Application (PDF)
- Home Childcare Permit Application (PDF)
- Home Occupation Permit Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Temporary Sales Zoning Permit Application (PDF)
- Temporary Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Temporary Special Events Permit Application (PDF)
- Annual Sign Permit (PDF)
- Annual Private Party Application
Related Documents, Forms and Attachments
- Basement Guidelines (PDF)
- Demolition Permit - Site Inspection Form Detail
- Individual Lot Grading Plan Application Form (PDF)
- Masterfile House Permit Application (PDF)
- Occupancy Sign Off (PDF)
- Permit Refund/Cancellation Form (PDF)
- Pool Fence Acknowledgement Form (PDF)
- Preliminary Soils Report Request (PDF)
- Revision Form (PDF)
- Statement of Owner/Lesee (PDF)
- Telecomm Checklist (PDF)
- Typical Residential Deck Detail (PDF)
How to Apply
Department of Building and Development
- Applications must be complete, including required documentation, to be processed. Some applications contain multiple pages. Please fill out and submit all required pages along with plans as required.
- Fax and email copies are not accepted.
- A Statement of Owner/Lessee may be used In lieu of a licensed contractor for permit(s) that require a licensed contractor to be listed per State Code: TITLE 54.1-1111. More information is included in the Statement of Owner/Lessee form (PDF).
- The county accepts cash, check or credit cards (American Express, Visa, Mastercard or Discover).
- Most residential jobs require building plan review. Submit plans for review along with the application.
- Commercial jobs require plan review. Submit plans for review along with the application.
- One set of plans is needed for electrical, gas, mechanical and plumbing and may need to be stamped and sealed.
- One set of stamped and sealed plans along with calculations and cut sheets are needed for fire plan review.
Call us at 703-777-0220 to find out more about requirements for your submission or to speak to a plan reviewer. Plan reviewers are available 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.