Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
Ongoing Impacts to Bus Service
Customer Information Regarding COVID-19
Metrorail Platform Improvement Project
Metrorail’s Platform Improvement Project impacts Loudoun County commuters and Metrorail riders during the summer 2020. Beginning March 23, 2020, the project closed all Orange and Silver Line Metrorail Stations west of Ballston and suspended Silver Line service. Learn more about the project on the Metrorail Platform Improvement Project page.
Bus Service Current Status
Routes not listed below are running as scheduled.
Complementary paratransit bus services are provided in Loudoun County during the same days and hours as the local fixed routes.
- Route 88X: Dulles South/East Gate and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Morning and afternoon service has been reduced to four trips.
- Routes 901/902: Potomac Falls to and from the Ballston Metrorail Station - Morning and afternoon service has been reduced to three trips. This route is temporarily providing service to Ballston Metrorail Station instead of the West Falls Church Metrorail Station due to Metrorail’s Platform Improvement Project.
- Routes 921/922: Harmony and Leesburg Park and Ride lots to and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Service has been suspended until further notice. No buses will run.
- Routes 923/924: Goose Creek Village/Broadlands to and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Service has been reduced to 5 trips in the morning and 4 trips in the afternoon.
- Routes 925/926: Loudoun Station to and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Morning and afternoon service has been reduced to six trips.
- Routes 990/992: Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station to and from employment sites in Loudoun County, on Loudoun County Parkway and Pacific Boulevard – Morning and afternoon service has been reduced to four trips.
- Routes 993/994: Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station to and from the Loudoun County Government Center - Service has been suspended until further notice. No buses will run.
Reduced Commuter Bus Service Resumes on July 13, 2020
Reduced Commuter Bus Service from Loudoun County to stops in and around Washington, D.C. will resume on Monday, July 13, 2020. All Routes and schedules are new. Read the following summary, or view the Reduced Commuter Bus Service Schedule (PDF) for details:
- Route 481 will provide nine trips in the morning from Loudoun County to Washington, D.C.
- Route 482 will provide nine trips in the morning from Loudoun County to Rosslyn, the Pentagon and Crystal City.
- Route 881 will provide nine trips in the afternoon from Washington, D.C. to Loudoun County.
- Route 882 will provide nine trips in the afternoon from Crystal City, the Pentagon and Rosslyn to Loudoun County.
- All Routes provide service to and from the Leesburg Park and Ride on Sycolin Road and the Dulles North Transit Center.
- There will be no service to the Navy Yard Metrorail Station, the Waterfront Metrorail Station, H Street and 9th Street.
- Routes will depart every 15 to 30 minutes.
- View the Loudoun County Transit Customer Information During COVID-19 Flyer (PDF) for Commuter Bus seating and boarding guidance.
All riders should monitor this web page, loudoun.gov/buschanges, after 4:00 a.m. for possible unexpected service changes. A voice mail message at 703-771-5665 also will be updated should any service changes occur.
Send Your Comments
Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are welcomed and should be emailed to Transit Comments. Commuters may also contact us by phone at 877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.