Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
Commuter Bus Service Adjustments - Beginning August 2, 2021
Loudoun County Transit will modify Commuter Bus Service beginning Monday, August 2, 2021. Due to changes in passenger demands, new Commuter Bus routes will be added to increase service at Dulles South (Stone Ridge II) and East Gate Park and Ride lots, and to add new service at Purcellville and Harmony Park and Ride lots. Schedules and stops for existing routes will also be modified.
Review the August 2, 2021 Commuter Bus Schedule (PDF) and the information below for details:
- New Commuter Bus routes stopping at the Dulles South (Stone Ridge II) and East Gate Park and Ride lots will be added as follows:
- Route 284: two trips in the morning from Loudoun to the Pentagon.
- Route 684: two trips in the afternoon from the Pentagon to Loudoun.
- New Commuter Bus route stopping at Purcellville and Harmony Park and Ride Lots will be added as follows:
- Route 483: one trip in the morning from Loudoun to Washington, D.C.
- Route 883: one trip in the afternoon from Washington, D.C. to Loudoun
- The Commuter Bus stop at 14th & F Streets NW has been eliminated and a new stop at F & 11 Streets NW (Penn Quarters area) has been added for the following existing routes:
- Route 281: two trips in the morning from Loudoun to Washington, D.C. at newly scheduled times.
- Route 481: five trips in the morning from Loudoun to Washington, D.C. at newly scheduled times.
- Route 681: two trips in the afternoon from Washington, D.C. to Loudoun at newly scheduled times.
- Route 881: five trips in the afternoon from Washington, D.C. to Loudoun at newly scheduled times.
- Commuter Bus schedules for most existing morning and afternoon routes will change up to 7 minutes. Riders are encouraged to review the August 2, 2021 Commuter Bus Schedule (PDF) to prepare for new arrival and departure times.
Loudoun County Transit has made operational changes following the guidance of local, state and national health authorities to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure on the system’s buses. Although the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) extended the face mask requirement for individuals across all transportation networks throughout the United States through September 13, 2021, Virginia lifted mandates for physical distancing on transit buses. For more information, visit loudoun.gov/covid19transit.
Service Change Notifications
- All riders should monitor this web page, loudoun.gov/buschanges, after 4:00 a.m. for possible unexpected service changes. A voice mail message at 703-771-5665 also will be updated should any service changes occur.
- To receive Loudoun County Transit notifications, download Transit app for free on Google Play or the Apple Store. After download, set your favorite routes to begin receiving notifications for the buses you ride. For more information, visit loudoun.gov/transitapp.
Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are welcomed and should be emailed to Transit Comments. Commuters may also contact us by phone at 877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.