Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
When there are service changes or schedule adjustments for Loudoun County Transit bus services, they will be posted here.
Federal Government Two Hour Delay on Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Even though the Federal Government will operate on a two hour delay on Tuesday, January 15, 2019, Loudoun County's Commuter Bus and Metro Connection bus services will operate on REGULAR schedules. Please check this web page before heading out in the morning to see if any additional changes have been made.
Federal Government Shutdown (Budget)
Throughout the duration of the federal government closure, Loudoun County staff will continue to review ridership data on all Commuter Bus and Metro Connection routes. If there is a sustained drop in ridership, staff may temporarily eliminate routes to reduce costs to offset revenue losses. Staff will notify riders via email, this web page, LC Alerts and SV Alerts should the need arise. Riders are encouraged to monitor their Bus Biz emails and to check back on this web page, www.loudoun.gov/buschanges, frequently for updated information. Opens a New Window.
Fare Waivers for Federal Workers
Beginning Monday, January 14, 2019, Loudoun County Transit fares are being temporarily waived for federal government employees who are not receiving paychecks and who present a federal agency work identification when boarding a bus. The free bus rides will continue for the duration of the current federal government shutdown or until ended by the Board of Supervisors.
- Read the January 11, 2019, news release detailing the steps the county is taking to assist federal workers Opens a New Window. .
Bus Service for Monday, January 21, 2019, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Premium Commuter Bus Service
- There will be no Premium Commuter Bus services operating on Monday, 1/21/2019.
Metro Connection Bus Services including Route 931/932
- There will be no Metro Connection bus services operating on Monday, 1/21/2019, this includes the Route 931/932.
Local Fixed Route Bus services
- On Monday, 1/21/2019 Route 990, 992, 993 and 994 will operate as normal.
- On Monday, 1/21/2019 there will be bus service to the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station on the Route 72 from Ashburn North, the Route 84 from the Dulles Town Center Park & Ride Lot and the Route 985 from Sterling. Schedules for these routes can be found at www.loudoun.gov/localbus.
- All Local Fixed Route bus services will operate on regular schedules on Monday, 1/21/2019.
Send Your Comments
Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are welcomed and should be emailed to Transit Comments. Commuters may also contact us by phone at 877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.