Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail
- The project includes the design and construction of sidewalks and a shared-use path (pedestrian and bicycle) from the center of the Town of Round Hill to Franklin Park in western Loudoun County. In addition, the project includes county management of the Town of Round Hill’s Main Street pedestrian and streetscape project.
- The scope of the Round Hill Main Street project includes the construction of a concrete sidewalk along the east side of Main Street, curb on both sides of the street, curb ramps, small retaining walls and storm drainage improvements.
- Both the Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail and Round Hill Main Street projects are funded in part by the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA’s) Transportation Alternatives Program under separate grants. The Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail grant was awarded in 2000 and the Round Hill Main Street grant was awarded in 2008.
- Loudoun County’s Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail project is funded with local taxes and the Transportation Alternatives grant.
- The Town of Round Hill’s Main Street project is funded with county and town taxes, and the Transportation Alternatives grant.
Current Status: March 2021
- On East Loudoun Street, Loudoun County installed the water main insertion valve, and the water main relocation was completed.
- Clearing and grubbing began on Franklin Park Trail Phase 3 and continues on Main Street.
- Storm drain installation continues on E. Loudoun Street westbound towards Main Street.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for the Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Quarterly Report on Capital Improvement Project (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officeror call 703-771-5086.