Courts Complex Phase III Expansion
- The Courts Complex Expansion project includes the design and construction of a new 92,000-square-foot Courthouse and renovation of existing Courts facilities, including new parking facilities.
- The new Courthouse will be located on the current Church Street Parking Lot at the corner of Church Street and Edwards Ferry Road in downtown Leesburg.
- The existing Courthouse (18 East Market Street) and Valley Bank (20 East Market Street) will be renovated.
- Parking lots and pedestrian access to the Courts buildings will be improved. A new parking garage is being constructed at the existing Pennington Lot.
- For more information about the project, please email Courts Expansion.
- If you have questions about the Pennington Parking Garage, email Scott Worrest Opens a New Window. or call him at (571)258-3876.
- If you have questions about the Courthouse, email Peter Hargreaves Opens a New Window. or call him at (703)771-5564.
- Loudoun County is anticipating bidding the new Courthouse in Spring 2019.
- After receipt of the construction bids and award of the construction contract to the successful construction contractor, construction will begin in Fall 2019.
- Construction is expected to take 30 months.
- Prior to bidding the project, the County will hold a pre-bid informational meeting. A date for this meeting will be announced publicly as soon as it is finalized.Opens a New Window.
Previous Reports, Presentations and Board Items
- February 16, 2017: Pennington Parking Structure Presentation (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- February 16, 2017: Fact Sheet (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- May 20, 2015 Courts Complex Item Opens a New Window.
- April 15, 2015 Courts Complex Item Opens a New Window.
- March 4, 2015 Courts Complex Item Opens a New Window.
- January 21, 2015 Board Item Number 4 Courts Complex Phase III Update/Design Concept Endorsement (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- July 17, 2014: Community Meeting Presentation: Opens a New Window. Courts Architectural Design Concepts (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Opens a New Window. 07-02-14: Courts Complex Phase III Expansion Update (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- April 23, 2014 Community Meeting:
- Opens a New Window.April 16, 2014 Board Item (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Opens a New Window. Item 13c: Contract Award for Phase III Expansion of the Courts Complex (PDF) Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
Opens a New Wind Opens a New Windo Opens a New Windo Opens a New Window
- FY 2014 Adopted CIP: Courts Complex Phase III Description (PDF) Opens a New Window.