New Comprehensive Plan: The History of the Envision Loudoun Process
Envision Loudoun/ Loudoun 2040
The Envision Loudoun process led to the development of the draft Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan (October 23, 2018), which once adopted,will serve as the county government's guide in land use decisions and transportation policy for the future.
July 19, 2018
Staff presented an update to the Board of Supervisors at its July 19, 2018, business meeting.
- Board Business Meeting: Staff Report (07-19-18) (PDF)
- Board Business Meeting: Staff Report Attachment (07-19-18) (PDF)
- View the webcast.
July 12, 2018
Staff briefed the Planning Commission at its July 12, 2018 work session.
Additional Board documents are located on the Envision Loudoun Background page.
Plan Charter and Foundations Report
The planning process for the new Loudoun County Comprehensive Plan is guided by the Plan Charter (PDF). Early in the process, the county's consultant team wrote a Foundations Report (PDF), which summarized the existing conditions and trends shaping Loudoun County.
The New Comprehensive Plan Stakeholders Committee, whose members were appointed by the Board of Supervisors, worked with county staff and the county's consultants to help guide the process of developing a new Comprehensive Plan. The Stakeholders Committee's final meeting was July 9, 2018. View more information about the committee.
The current Comprehensive Plan consists of the Revised General Plan, the Revised Countywide Transportation Plan, a companion to the General Plan, and a number of specific strategic and area management plans. The Comprehensive Plan also serves as the foundation for amendments to the Zoning and Subdivision ordinances to ensure the county's land use goals are implemented through the regulatory process. The Envision Loudoun process has focused on developing a new General Plan and a new Countywide Transportation Plan.
- The Office of Mapping and Geographic Information maintains an online map gallery, including a larger version of the Planned Land Use Map.
- The Loudoun Online Land Applications System (LOLA) provides a user-friendly tool to access information regarding legislative land development applications and provides a format for public input for active applications.
- If you would like information on your planned land use or zoning, please visit WebLogis.
- Information about Existing and Potential Development (EPD) may be found in the EPD tool.
Questions about the new Comprehensive Plan?
The most recent information is posted on the Loudoun 2040 webpage. You may also call the Department of Planning and Zoning with questions at 703-777-0246 or send us an email.