Report a Concern to Animal Control
Animal Complaints on Loudoun Express Request Loudoun County Animal Services strives to deliver accessible, convenient service to the Loudoun community. Animal complaints can be submitted online through Loudoun Express Request (LEx). To learn more about LEx, visit the LEx homepage.
Types of Complaints
The following types of complaints can be submitted through the form:
- Welfare Concerns - report of concern for the welfare of animal in non-life threatening condition, to include inadequate food, water, shelter, or veterinary care.
- Nuisance domestic animal - report of an animal that is causing a non-current traffic hazard, or an animal that has trespassed onto personal property and caused property damage, or attacked a companion animal other than a dog or cat and caused injury.
- Feces Removal - reports of citizen not removing pet waste from any property (other than his own) in, or adjacent to any residential subdivision.
- The following issues can be reported online if they are not an active issue that needs immediate attention:
- Dog running at large (non-current) - reports of dog roaming off leash, with or without its owner.
- Stray aggressive animal (non-current) - report of an at large animal acting aggressively.
- Complaints about barking dogs should be submitted online.
*Please note that there are some complaint types which cannot be received online due to their urgent and time sensitive nature; those include complaints involving emergency animal welfare issues, sick or injured wildlife, wild exposures, current stray aggressive complaints.
As always, our dispatchers can be reached at 703-777-0406 and remain available during business hours to receive those complaint types and to answer any questions you may have. For emergency complaints after hours, please contact the Sheriff’s Department at 703-777-1021.