Transit Development Plan
In 2008, the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) began the process of developing a series of plans to provide the blueprint for future DRPT programs, projects and initiatives. One such initiative was the Statewide Transit Six-Year Plan. The Statewide Transit Six-Year Plan can be viewed as the equivalent plan to the Virginia Department of Transportation's (VDOT) Six-Year Plan. DRPT worked with each transit agency/operator, including Loudoun County, to develop a local TDP, which was then compiled into the Statewide Transit Plan.
The TDP is intended to be a ten-year, mid-term service plan document with adjustments made annually, as necessary, to keep the plan current. DRPT requires that a TDP be completely updated every six years. The TDP is designed to help transit operators improve their efficiency and effectiveness by identifying needs and required resources for modifying and enhancing services provided to the general public. These plans also provide a solid foundation for funding requests and feed directly into the programming process.
On June 23, 2016, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors approved the FY 2017 to 2022 Transit Development Plan. The updated Transit Development Plan that has been updated to a ten-year plan can be viewed:
- FY 2018 - 2028 Transit Development Plan (PDF)
- FY 2017 Local Fixed Route Transit Service Map (PDF) (existing service)
- FY 2017 Metro Connection Transit Service Map (PDF) (existing service)
- FY 2020 Local Fixed Route Transit Service Map (PDF) (Post Metrorail service - TDP recommended)
- FY 2020 Metro Connection Transit Service Map (PDF) (Post Metrorail service - TDP recommended)
- FY 2020 Local Fixed Route-Metro Connection Combined Transit Service Map (PDF) (Post Metrorail service - TDP recommended)
Other studies of interest:
- Countywide Transportation Plan
- Loudoun County Bus Fare Analysis (PDF)
- Transportation Demand Management Plan (PDF)
In accordance with Title VI and Americans with Disability Act (ADA) requirements, please contact Loudoun County Transit at 703-737-8562, TTY 711, to request reasonable Title VI or ADA accommodations, including printed material in an alternate format or translated and interpreter services for public events. If information is needed in another language, email Catherine Motivans, Accessibility Services Manager, in the Loudoun County Division of Public Affairs and Communications, or call 571-258-3282. Requests for assistance at public events must be received at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled event.
De acuerdo con los requerimientos de Título VI y la Ley de Discapacitados (ADA), por favor ponerse en contacto con la División de Asuntos Públicas y Comunicaciones del Condado de Loudoun a 571-258-3282 para pedir acomodación razonable, incluyendo materiales imprimido en un formato alternativo, traducción de materias, e interpretación. Una solicitud de asistencia durante un evento público debe hacerse hecho a lo menos siete días antes de la fecha del evento.