Crisis Intervention Team Assessment Center
Update: The walk-in hours for the Crisis Intervention Team Assessment Center have been temporarily adjusted to Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. due to staffing limitations. Services are available by phone 24/7 at 703-777-0320.
Center Services & Details
The Loudoun County Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Assessment Center provides behavioral health evaluation, crisis intervention and stabilization services, as well as referrals to various resources for anyone experiencing a behavioral health crisis. The services are provided by experienced clinicians from the Loudoun County Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services (MHSADS). During the hours of operation, a Loudoun County Sheriff’s deputy is available to receive an individual in crisis brought to the center by law enforcement, which allows law enforcement to return to patrol duties.
Location, Hours & Partnerships
Emergency behavioral health support services are available 24/7 by phone at 703-777-0320.
The CIT Assessment Center is located at:
102 Heritage Way NE
Leesburg, VA 20176
The center is open from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, and is made possible by the continuing partnership between MHSADS and the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO).
Anyone experiencing a behavioral health crisis is not alone. Support is available by phone or online 24/7:
- CrisisLink 24/7 Crisis & Suicide Prevention Hotline, Textline, and Chatline:
- Call: 703-527-4077 or 800-273-TALK (8255); if you use TTY, dial 711
- Text: “CONNECT” to 855-11
- Lifeline Chat: SuicidePreventionLifeline.org/chat
- CR2 (Community Regional Crisis Response) 24/7 Emergency Response for children, youth and adults experiencing a behavioral health crisis:
- 844-N-CRISIS (627-4747) or 571-364-7390; if you use TTY, dial 711
- REACH (Regional Education Assessment Crisis Services Habilitation) 24/7 Emergency Response for individuals with a developmental disability experiencing crisis events:
- Call 911 and ask for a CIT Deputy.
The CIT Assessment Center is part of the Loudoun County CIT Opens a New Window. initiative. Since its inception, Loudoun County CIT has focused on improving the safety of law enforcement and individuals during crisis situations; increasing law enforcement knowledge of various mental health presentations and community resources; improving access to mental health evaluations for individuals in crisis who come to the attention of law enforcement; raising community awareness of CIT-trained law enforcement; and advancing public recognition of the need for mental health care for citizens of Loudoun County.