- Identify issues affecting people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and recommend strategies to address them.
- Assist the county with monitoring and implementation of the county’s Limited English Proficiency (LEP) program plans.
- Advise the county on multicultural, multilingual staff recruitment efforts.
- Provide advice and support on projects and cultural events that enhance cross-cultural relations.
- Promote, where possible, partnerships between the county and culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
The committee consists of up to twelve community representatives appointed to two-year terms. Member qualifications sought, include:
- Must be a Loudoun County resident, community organization or business representative with an interest and understanding of multicultural issues with direct links to local ethnic community populations and / or organizations.
- Or must have expertise in human resources and employment law.
- At least four appointments from the business and/or diverse faith communities.
- If you are interested in serving on the Multicultural Advisory Committee, email the staff contact with your intention and experience. Appointments are made by the County Administrator.
Email staff contact Sahar Behboudifar.
Loudoun County publishes analysis of Loudoun County demographic characteristics and issues. More information about the county’s cultural demographics may be found on our Demographics page.
Opens a New Window.