Tourism Grant Program
About the Tourism Grant Program
Nonprofits, municipalities, and businesses in Loudoun County are invited to apply for funding for projects to attract regional and national visitors to Loudoun County.
Loudoun County’s Tourism Grants are designed to help develop initiatives to bring more visitors to Loudoun County, increase overnight stays in Loudoun hotels, and enhance the overall attractiveness and marketability of Loudoun County as a destination. These may include new or enhanced attractions, events, programs, or marketing campaigns.
Funding from the program is to be spent solely on initiatives that increase tourism or qualifying tourism promotions consistent with state code and the Board of Supervisors’ Restricted Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) funding policy.
For FY 2020, which begins July 1, 2019, the Board has prioritized funding opportunities that support partnerships between multiple organizations, including tourism and hospitality-related businesses.
Preference is given to applications that include:
- Initiatives likely to attract visitors from outside Loudoun County who are inclined to stay overnight.
- Partnerships between multiple organizations or tourism and hospitality-related businesses.
- Solid data collection efforts.
Applications and all supporting materials must be submitted online no later than 4:00 PM on March 29, 2019.
- Apply for the Tourism Grant here Opens a New Window. .
- View detailed instructions on how to complete the application. (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Applications will be reviewed by county staff for completeness and eligibility under Section 58.1-3819 of the Code of Virginia Opens a New Window. and the Board of Supervisors' TOT Funding Policy (PDF) Opens a New Window. upon receipt.
- Incomplete or ineligible applications will not be considered.
- Funding recommendations will be made to the Board of Supervisors at the May 23, 2019 Business Meeting.
Grants 101 Training
This training, offered in both video and slideshow format, provides a general review of grant application terminology, grant sources, writing strategies, and tips for stronger applications.
- Webinar Opens a New Window. : What to Know Before You Apply
- Slide Presentation (PDF) Opens a New Window. : What to Know Before You Apply
For more information, contact Shalom Black, Loudoun County Department of Management and Budget, at 703-737-8186 or email Shalom Black Opens a New Window. .