Housing / Shelters
Re-Entry Resources: Housing / Shelters
The Loudoun County Re-Entry Advisory Council provides information about some of the community resources available in Loudoun that can help ex-offenders address the challenges they face after returning to the community following incarceration.
Loudoun County Homeless Shelters
- Good Shepherd Alliance (Single women and families) - Phone: 703-724-1555
- Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (Domestic violence victims) - Phone: 703-777-6552
- Loudoun County Youth Shelter - Phone: 703-771-5300
- Loudoun Emergency Homeless Shelter (Single adults and families) - Phone: 703-777-0420
Loudoun County Cold Weather Shelter
Open November 15 to March 31 from 8:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Loudoun County Daytime Drop-in Services Center
Loudoun Homeless Services Center
19520 Meadowview Court
Leesburg, VA 20175
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Adults 18 and older who are homeless
- Please bring a photo ID
- Services include:
- Referrals to other county and community programs and services
- A bagged meal
- Laundry facilities
More information also is available from the Northern Virginia Regional Commission, which compiles and annually updates the lists of Suburban Virginia Homeless Shelters, Drop-in Centers and Cold Weather shelters list. NVRC Phone: 703-642-0700.
More information about Loudoun County's homeless prevention programs may be useful.
- Friends of Guest House is a re-entry, transitional housing and aftercare program for women in Northern Virginia.
- Phone: 703-549-8072
- Loudoun County Affordable Dwelling Unit Program
- Loudoun County Apartment Rental Guide (PDF) is a current listing of apartment and senior facilities in Loudoun County.
- The Loudoun County Continuum of Care is a community coalition of public, nonprofit, and faith-based organizations that provide a variety of shelter and support services to persons who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The Continuum of Care operates the Loudoun Coordinated Entry System, which helps provide services to people in the community who are experiencing a housing crisis.
- Oxford House is a self-run, self-supporting recovery house program for those recovering from alcohol and / or drug abuse.
- Phone: 800-689-6411
- Rapid Re-Housing Program provides financial and case management resources to the homeless in Loudoun County.
- Phone: 571-258-3033.
- Virginia Housing Search provides detailed information about rental properties and helps people find housing to best fit their needs.
- Phone: 877-428-8844