Before beginning residential or commercial construction in Loudoun County, you must obtain permits from the appropriate county agencies and, if applicable, the appropriate agencies of the incorporated towns.
- Building permits are required for all new construction and remodeling projects.
- Zoning permits are required for most construction projects.
- The Department of Building and Development issues building permits and grading permits for the entire county, and zoning permits for property which is located outside the incorporated towns.
- The Department of Building and Development also conducts building inspections and is responsible for enforcing the Zoning Ordinance.
- For information about building permits, contact the Department of Building and Development at 703-777-0220 (V/TTY).