Projects, Studies & Plans
- Loudoun County builds public facilities and transportation infrastructure improvements to serve county residents and businesses.
- View an interactive map that provides additional information on Loudoun County facilities or transportation projects in specific locations.
- A quarterly report is also presented to the Board of Supervisors Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee.
- View the most recent Quarterly Report on Capital Improvement Projects (PDF)
- View all updates for Transportation and Capital Infrastructure projects and studies.
- Sign up to receive email or text updates about projects and studies on Notify Me, Blogs category.
Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
Facilities Projects in Construction
- Animal Services Facility
- Ashburn Senior Center
- Courts Complex Expansion
- Hal and Berni Hanson Regional Park
- Lovettsville Community Center
- Lovettsville District Park
- Lucketts Fire and Rescue Station Replacement
- Potomac Green Community Park
- Sterling Community Center Renovation
Facilities Projects in Design
- Aldie Fire and Rescue Station
- Ashburn Recreation and Community Center
- Brambleton West Park Improvements (PDF)
- Juvenile Detention Center (PDF)
- Leesburg South Fire and Rescue Station (PDF)
- Lovettsville Fire and Rescue Station
- Metro Station Area Pedestrian Improvements (PDF)
- Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Replacement
- Purcellville Developmental Services Group Home (PDF)
- Sterling Park Safety Center
- Waterford Mill Restoration (PDF)
Transportation Projects in Construction
- Braddock Road - Gum Spring Road to Paul VI East Entrance (PDF)
- Crosstrail Boulevard: Kincaid Boulevard to Russell Branch Parkway
- Riverside Parkway (Loudoun County Pkwy to Lexington)
- Round Hill to Franklin Park Trail
- Route 7 at Battlefield Parkway (VDOT)
- Route 7 Westbound over Sugarland Run Bridge Rehabilitation (VDOT)
- Route 9 Road Improvements - Town of Hillsboro (ReThink9)
Transportation Projects in Design
- Arcola Blvd (PDF)pens a New Window.
- Opens a New Window. Belmont Ridge Road: Truro Parish to Croson Opens a New Window.
- Braddock Road at Summerall/Supreme Opens a New Window.
- Dulles West Blvd (Dulles Landing Dr. to Arcola Blvd.) (PDF)
- Elk Lick Road and Route 50 Intersection Improvements (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Evergreen Mills Road Realignment and Intersection Improvements at Reservoir Road and Watson Road
- Farmwell Road Widening (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- George Washington Blvd. Overpass (VDOT) Opens a New Window.
- Intersection Improvement Program (PDF)
- Loudoun County Parkway - Dulles West to Route 50 (PDF)Opens a New W
- Moorefield Blvd.(Mooreview Pkwy. to Moorefield Station) (PDF)
- Northstar Boulevard (Route 50 to Tall Cedars Pkwy)
- Opens a New Window. Northstar Boulevard (Shreveport Dr. to Route 50)
- Oakgrove Road Pedestrian Improvements (PDF)
- Route 7/690 Interchange
- Route 7 Pedestrian Improvements (PDF)
- Route 9/287 Roundabout
- Opens a New Window. Route 15 North Widening: Battlefield Pkwy. to Montresor Rd.
- Route 50 Corridor Improvements (VDOT) Opens a New Window.
Opens a New Window.
- Prentice Drive (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Shaw Road (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Shellhorn Road (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Sterling Boulevard Extension Opens a New Window.
- Waxpool Road (Loudoun County Parkway Intersection) (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Waxpool Road (Pacific and Broderick) (PDF)
- Western Loudoun Park and Ride (PDF)
- Opens a New Window. Westwind Drive (PDF)
- Woodgrove High School and Fields Farm Road (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Completed Facilities Projects
- Claude Moore Park Restrooms (PDF)
- Leesburg Fire and Rescue Station 20 Expansion
- Leesburg Park and Ride Lot (PDF)
- Metro Parking Garages (PDF)
- Moorefield Station Community Park
- Scott Jenkins Memorial Park - Phase II (PDF)
- Trailside Park Restrooms (PDF)
Completed Transportation Projects
- Ashburn Road Sidewalk (PDF)
- Belmont Ridge Road at the Dulles Greenway (VDOT)
- Claiborne Parkway (PDF)
- Route 606 Widening (VDOT)
- Route 7/Belmont Ridge Road Interchange
- Seneca Ridge Drive Road Improvements
Completed Transportation Studies
About the Process
- Comprehensive List of Transportation Providers in Loudoun County (PDF)
- Countywide Transportation Plan
- Loudoun County Transit Development Plan
- Loudoun County Transportation Demand Management Plan (PDF)
Capital Improvement Program/County Government Budget
- Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Commuter Connections
- Metrorail Silver Line
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Northern Virginia Transportation Authority
- Virginia Department of Transportation(VDOT)
- Virginia Regional Transit
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority