About Board of Supervisors Meetings
Remote Public Participation
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Board of Supervisors 5:00 p.m., June 16, 2020, business meeting is scheduled to be conducted as an "electronic meeting" under the Continuity Ordinance (PDF) adopted by the Board April 15, 2020.
- Members of the public who would like to provide comments to the Board of Supervisors at the June 16, 2020, business meeting are encouraged to do so remotely in keeping with the county’s efforts to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Anyone who would like to participate in the meeting remotely should contact the Office of the County Administrator at 703-777-0200 by noon, Tuesday, June 16, 2020. Instructions will be provided to those individuals who sign up for electronic public input.
- Watch Online: loudoun.gov/webcast
- Watch on TV: Comcast Government Channel 23, Open Band Channel 40 and Verizon FiOS Channel 40
- In addition to the Board of Supervisors, the Planning Commission and other advisory bodies also are conducting electronic meetings. Find out how to view and participate in those meetings.
Monthly Business Meetings and Public Hearings Schedule
- Business Meetings: First and third Tuesday of the month, 5:00 p.m.
- Public Hearing: Wednesday of the week following the first business meeting of the month, 6:00 p.m.
- Dates and times of Board of Supervisors meetings are posted on the Loudoun County Government Master Calendar.
Public Input: How to Sign Up to Speak
The Board of Supervisors encourages people to sign up to speak during the Board’s public comment periods at business meetings and public hearings. Members of the public are typically given at least two minutes to speak.
First Tuesday Business Meeting
- This meeting features one public input session as early as 6:00 p.m., which is limited to a maximum time of 90 minutes. The deadline to sign up in advance is noon on the day of the meeting. Call 703-777-0200 to sign up in advance. Beginning 30 minutes before the start of the meeting, speakers may sign up to speak on a first-come, first-served basis, and may speak on any topic.
Wednesday Public Hearing
- Speakers must sign up in advance by noon on the day of the public hearing. Comments are limited to an item that is on the public hearing agenda. Members of the public who are signed up to speak may do so as the relevant item is considered by the Board at the public hearing. Call 703-777-0200 to sign up in advance.
Third Tuesday Business Meeting
- This meeting features two public input sessions:
- 5:00 p.m. – This session is limited to eight speakers who are allowed two-and-a-half minutes each to speak. The deadline to sign up in advance is 5:00 p.m. the day prior to the meeting. Call 703-777-0200 to sign up in advance.
- 6:00 p.m. - This session is limited to a maximum time of 90 minutes. The deadline to sign up in advance is noon on the day of the meeting. Call 703-777-0200 to sign up in advance. Beginning 30 minutes before the start of the meeting, speakers may sign up on a first-come, first-served basis, and may speak on any topic.
Can You Speak for Someone Else?
For each public input session, speakers may sign up to speak for:
- their spouse;
- on behalf of an organization, such as an HOA or community-based group; or
- on behalf of those needing special accommodations
In addition to calling 703-777-0200 to sign up in advance, members of the public may sign up in advance in person in the Office of the County Administrator on the 5th floor of the Loudoun County Government Center 1 Harrison Street SE in Leesburg.
Dates and Times
Board meeting dates and times, including those of the Board’s Standing Committees, are posted on the Loudoun County Government Master Calendar Opens a New Window. . In general, board meetings, public hearings, board committee meetings and workshops are open to the public. However, the Board sometimes schedules executive sessions to discuss issues relating to personnel, legal matters or land acquisition. These meetings are closed to the public.
Board of Supervisors Meeting Room Location
Meetings of the Board of Supervisors typically take place in the Board Room on the first floor of the Loudoun County Government Center at 1 Harrison Street, S.E., Leesburg, 20175. Meetings of the Board’s standing committees typically take place in the Board Room or the Dulles Room, both of which are located on the first floor of the government center,
Board of Supervisors Meeting Documents
Documents for Board meetings as well as documents prepared for meetings of the Board’s standing committees are online and can be found at www.loudoun.gov/bosdocuments.
Television & Webcast Coverage
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any type of disability to participate in a Board of Supervisors meeting, please contact the Deputy Clerk to the Board, Jenny Grimmell, at 703-777-0201. At least one business day of advance notice is requested; some accommodations may require more than one day of notice.
Assistive Listening Systems
- A hearing loop system has been installed in the Board Room.
- An FM assistive listening system is available in the Board Room. View a list of assistive listening equipment (PDF) Opens a New Window. available throughout the Loudoun County Government.
- More information about Loudoun County’s Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations policies and practices can be found online at www.loudoun.gov/accessibility.