Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan
Following more than 18 months of work by the Envision Loudoun Stakeholders Committee, which was comprised of various citizens and representatives of key groups within the county, and input from thousands of residents, a draft of a new Comprehensive Plan was developed.
The draft Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan, which was presented by the Planning Commission to the Board of Supervisors March 21, 2019, includes the county’s General Plan and Countywide Transportation Plan. Once adopted, it will serve as the county government’s guide for land use and transportation policy for the foreseeable future.
- News Release: Loudoun 2040 Official Process Continues (Feb. 12, 2019)
Planning Commission Draft Plan
- Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan, Latest Version: March 13, 2019 (PDF)
- Prior Planning Commission Work Sessions
- The Planning Commission is scheduled to certify a final draft of the Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan at its public hearing on March 26, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in the Board of Supervisors Meeting Room on the first floor of the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison Street, S.E., in Leesburg.
- ens a New Wi Opens a New Window. The meeting will be televised on Comcast Government Channel 23, Open Band Channel 40, and Verizon FiOS Channel 40 and are also available for viewing through the Loudoun County webcast system.
- The Board of Supervisors will then have a series of meetings as outlined below. Meetings also are posted on the Loudoun County Government calendar Opens a New Window. . Members of the public will have an opportunity to provide comments on the draft plan to the Board of Supervisors during its public hearings.
|March 21, 5:00 p.m.||Business Meeting||Planning Commission Recommendation of Draft Plan|
|April 3, 6:00 p.m.||Work Session||Model Results Presentation|
|April 24, 6:00 p.m.||Public Hearing||Public Input|
|April 27, 9:00 a.m.||Public Hearing||Public Input|
|May 1, 6:00 p.m.||Work Session||Plan Review|
|May 8, 6:30 p.m.||Work Session||Plan Review|
|May 20, 6:00 p.m.||Work Session||Plan Review|
|May 29, 6:00 p.m.||Work Session||Plan Review|
|June 5, 6:00 p.m.||Work Session||Plan Review|
|June 20, 5:00 p.m.||Business Meeting||Potential adoption of Loudoun 2040|
Board Public Hearings
- The Board of Supervisors will hear public comment on the Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan during public hearings scheduled for Wednesday, April 24, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, April 27, 2019, at 9:00 a.m.
- During the public hearings scheduled for April 24 and 27, 2019, any member of the public may address the Board regarding Loudoun 2040; however, each member of the public wishing to address the Board may speak at only one of the sessions. All speakers will be limited to two minutes and 30 seconds so that all in attendance may have the opportunity to speak. Written comments are welcomed at any time and may be sent to the Board of Supervisors, 1 Harrison Street, SE, Leesburg, Virginia 20177 or by e-mail to [email protected]. If submitting written comments, information or materials at the hearing, 10 copies should be provided for distribution to the Board members and for the Clerk’s records.
- Members of the public are encouraged to call in advance to sign up to speak at the public hearing. For the Wednesday, April 24, 2019, public hearing, advanced sign-up will be taken after 8:30 a.m. on April 5, 2019, and no later than 12:00 p.m. on April 24, 2019. For the Saturday, April 27, 2019, public hearing, advanced sign-up will be taken after 8:30 a.m. on April 5, 2019, and no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 26, 2019. Anyone wishing to sign up in advance may call the Office of the County Administrator at (703) 777-0200. The option to sign-up at the public hearing will also be available.