Northstar Boulevard: Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive) to Route 50
- This project will design and construct a new four-lane, median divided segment of Northstar Boulevard from Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive) to U.S. Route 50. The project scope includes a 10 foot wide shared use path on both sides of the roadway and a traffic signal at Route 50. At the northern end of the project, a new bridge will carry Northstar Boulevard over North Fork Broad Run. Evergreen Mills Road will then be realigned to the south to intersect with Northstar Boulevard.
- In conjunction with new construction, the project will improve two intersections:
- The intersection at Youngwood Lane will be realigned from its existing intersection with Racefield Lane to a new connection with Northstar Boulevard. This new connection will become the western end of the planned Dulles West Boulevard.
- Racefield Lane will be reconstructed and widened, and it will become the primary access point to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Arcola Area Headquarters.
- Once constructed, the new 1.6 mile segment of Northstar Boulevard will serve as a minor arterial roadway from John Mosby Highway (Route 50) to Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive). It is also part of what will be a 14 mile, uninterrupted corridor extending from Route 7 south to the Prince William County line.
- Funding for the project includes a $25 million Fiscal Year 2017 Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) discretionary grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation. Funding for this $90 million project is also provided by VDOT, the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority and Loudoun County.
- The project is currently estimated for completion in mid-2024.
Current Phase: Utilities Relocation
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Fall 2021 - Winter 2023: Utilities Relocation
- Winter 2023 - Spring 2024: Construction
- Spring 2024: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
The blog provides project updates to subscribers, including phase and milestone information.
- View all updates on Northstar Boulevard: Shreveport Drive to Route 50.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Northstar Blvd Evergreen to Route 50 June 2022 Exhibit (PDF)
- Draft Environmental Assessment May 2019 (PDF)
- Public Meeting Exhibit 07-01-2019 (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.