- Departments & Offices
- Transportation & Capital Infrastructure
- Projects, Studies & Plans
- Northstar Boulevard: Shreveport Drive to Route 50
Northstar Boulevard: Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive) to Route 50
- This project will design and construct a new four-lane, median divided segment of Northstar Boulevard from Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive) to U.S. Route 50. The project scope includes a 10 foot wide shared use path on both sides of the roadway and a traffic signal at Evergreen Mills Road. At the northern end of the project, a new bridge will carry Northstar Boulevard over North Fork Broad Run. Arcola Mills Drive will then be realigned to the south to intersect with Northstar Boulevard.
- In conjunction with new construction, the project will improve two intersections:
- The intersection at Youngwood Lane will be realigned from its existing intersection with Racefield Lane to a new connection with Northstar Boulevard. This new connection will become the western end of the planned Dulles West Boulevard.
- Racefield Lane will be reconstructed and widened, and it will become the primary access point to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Arcola Area Headquarters.
- Once constructed, the new 1.6 mile segment of Northstar Boulevard will serve as a minor arterial roadway from John Mosby Highway (Route 50) to Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive). It is also part of what will be a 14 mile, uninterrupted corridor extending from Route 7 south to the Prince William County line.
- Funding for the project includes a $25 million Fiscal Year 2017 Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) discretionary grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation. Funding for this $90 million project is also provided by VDOT, the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA) and Loudoun County.
- State Project: 9999-053-R29 / Federal Project: STP-5B01(103), (104), (105) / UPC: 106994
- Loudoun County, Federal Highway Administration, VDOT, and NVTA held a groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate the beginning of construction on February 24, 2023.
Current Phase: Utilities Relocation
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Fall 2021 - Winter 2023: Utilities Relocation
- Winter 2023 - Winter 2025: Construction
- Winter 2025: Substantial Completion
Pardon Our Dust Meeting - May 15, 2023
Loudoun County will host a "pardon our dust meeting" to update residents on the upcoming Northstar Boulevard-Evergreen Mills Road to Route 50 construction. The event will take place on May 15, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. at Arcola Elementary School. 41740 Tall Cedars Parkway, in Aldie. More details to come.
- Comment Form - Select the link to leave a comment.
- Comments may also be submitted by email to the department, or by mail to:
Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure
ATTN: McKinley Jones,
101 Blue Seal Drive, Suite 102
P.O. Box 7500
Leesburg, Va. 20177
Stay Informed About This Project
The blog provides project updates to subscribers, including phase and milestone information.
- View all updates on Northstar Boulevard: Evergreen Mills Road to Route 50.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Northstar Blvd Evergreen to Route 50 June 2022 Exhibit (PDF)
- Draft Environmental Assessment May 2019 (PDF)
- Public Meeting Exhibit 07-01-2019 (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staffor call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.